Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What if I like some guys online who aren't as attractive as the good-looking men in real life?

Options
Splatmate24
Splatmate24 Community member Posts: 395 Courageous
I noticed that i don't feel attractive to guys that are too old looking but i had to be more attractive to men who aren't as attractive . My previous experience with some ex boyfriends was good looking, but they cheated . Some of my experience with some guys online was guys that were more good minded were looking for just friends or Casual dating/Casual relationship. One guy was taller than me and kept asking me if I would like to date a tall guy; I said no, I prefer guys who are shorter. The same word you like to date tall guys. I just blocked him after that. . The guys that i met in real life were also too good looking and i wasn't attracted to them as much as guys that were not as good looking men that i met some through online dating. I had some bad experiences with men who turned out to be players. Other men are not suitable. The other type of men I experienced were guys that asked me to look at their dicks pic. Only two of them did this, and yes, I refused and blocked and reported them both. My previous ex boyfriend went toxic, but I met two ex-boyfriends through Facebook. I had 9 ex boyfriends what is your opinion about these types of my experiences from real men to good looking to not so good looking men that I met online?

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

That’s ok @Splatmate24 – you can be attracted to people who are not necessarily “attractive” (in appearance). Though, I know it sounds quite ironic. I can hear how this has been impacted by your previous experiences too. You should only view the content you feel comfortable (and consent to) viewing – you don’t have to view anything you don’t feel comfortable with or consent to :)

Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @ yep i went out in city last Thursday and did met guys that I wasn't attracted to guys that did seem to be attractive in there appearance  men . online dating can be hit or missed . they not much you or me that can't really control people in real life you and me can only control ourself . some of my previous ex boyfriend i did met two them through facebook and also going to meetup with new men and my mum is bring me to Costa Coffee on thrusday 10  at 1;00pm . i can only see real men as just friends nothing more .
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Let us know how it goes on Thursday! :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Jack85PL
    Jack85PL Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Well I can say that "Pretty bowl won't feed you".
    Sadly i do have similar experience in my life. 
    Hope for you and myself as well than we'll meet someone who'll change that!
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    Update: the date went great and  did set up a second date in his town .since our first date was a very short date . has dropped off my younger sister work . he was a bit late he apologies for being late and getting bit lost on way with a satnav . 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad the date went well! :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • surfygoose
    surfygoose Community member Posts: 440 Pioneering
    Options
    That’s great that the date went well and that you have planned a second date.
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @surfygoose . yep planned the second date and did blocked the bowling is be in his town .
  • jason2234
    jason2234 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    i guess you have to get to know someone first?
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @jason yep i already know about to get know and second date didn't happen since he was ill but did arrange to next week . did tell me very early on that he couldn't make it .
  • jason2234
    jason2234 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    thats good 
    it will work out great for you