I'm currently looking for an accessible property to rent with my partner in the Nottingham area. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm currently looking for an accessible property to rent with my partner in the Nottingham area.

Comments

• Emz05
    Emz05 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hello

I'm currently looking for an accessible property to rent with my partner in the Nottingham area.
    We've joined the housing list but nothing seems to be coming up which is suitable.
    I'm just wondering if there's anything which can speed up the process.

Many thanks
    Emma
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi Emma,
    Thanks for getting in touch.
    This is a common query and unfortunately there's not really a lot you can do to speed up the process. It really does depend on your overall situation. There are not as many accessible or disabled adapted properties as there are general needs properties and the wait for suitable properties can take a very long time. In my experience I have known disabled people who have been waiting for over two years for a suitable property and the waiting times can vary from region to region depending on supply and demand. I would be happy to talk some more about your individual situation if you would like to give me a call at the helpline 0808 808 3333 or email me helpline@scope.org.uk.
    Have a great day!
    Debbie

Brightness