Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Autism

Options
Strawberry1
Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,652 Disability Gamechanger
I haven't been diagnosed yet with autism or adhd but I realised that any change makes me very anxious and tense . I've been asked today to change my routine on something and I'm feeling very very uneasy about having to change.  I want to carry on doing it my way not there way . Don't feel comfortable with the situation at all . Tried talking to them about it but it was a waste of time trying to talk to them .

Comments

• Strawberry1
    Options
    I do have a lot of autistic traits and a lot of Adhd traits too so i think it's likely I do have both or one of them . I know I'm not a diagnoser but when you notice things related to either or I think definitely. 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,729 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @Strawberry1, I was diagnosed last year as ASD and it didn't really come as much of a shock to me.  I'm rubbish with change!

Is this situation a change that could be done gradually so it's not quite as terrifying? Could you meet them halfway?  Is it a work related change?
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Hi @Albus_Scope ,  really glad you got your diagnosis. Nice one . At present I'm not in work so no it's not work related .  It could be done gradually I suppose but it just a big change that's all . I'm starting a online group on Monday evening so maybe I can get some tips from the meetings.  I apologise your input its gratefully received. 
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    Not a worry at all, we're all here to share our experiences. And I hope the online group is a great success. :)

Sometimes, as terrifying as it seems at the time, change can be good.  It's just getting from A to B that can be the struggle. I of course can't say "yes do this" as I don't know the situation, but sometimes meeting people half way can be good.

Albus (he/him)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not being a nuisance.  I'm looking forward to starting the group sessions . They say change is as good as a rest and change can be good it's just awkward for me lol 😂.  Thanks again @Albus_Scope .
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    Haha, yes change can feel amazing eventually, but actually doing it can be a big pain in the you know what.  :D
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    You are a gem 💎 @Albus_Scope . I chuckled for a moment.  Thank you again.