Cerebral Palsy
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Finding an Independent Advocate to help my client

AdviserB69AdviserB69 Member Posts: 1
edited May 2015 in Cerebral Palsy
I am a Connexions Personal Adviser working with a young man with Cerebral Palsy. He is currently in college in Coventry but, is finishing there this summer and is working with Social Services to move him back into his home area of Sandwell. He is having great difficulty in sorting this out although his Social Worker is working on this. I wonder if you could point me in the direction of someone who could act as an Independent Advocate to help him deal with Social Services and all that is associated with finding supported living.


  • RockyRocky Member Posts: 76 Listener
    Hi, it is very difficult to find independent advocates these days. I presume you are talking about Sandwell near Birmingham. If so there are a couple of local agencies you could try. One is Freshwinds in Selly Oak, tel: 0121 415 6670. I believe they offer advocacy. It may also be worth trying Sandwell Carers in Smethwick on 0121 558 7003. Hope that helps.
Sign in or join us to comment.