Rate of mobility for Personal independent payment PIP — Scope | Disability forum

Rate of mobility for Personal independent payment PIP

I am currently waiting for my decision. I know I will get higher rate of daily living. I have Ehlers danlos syndrome. So my joints can dislocate up to 50 times a day. Some days I can walk around town but am laid up for a few days after and some days I can't walk at all. To go out I have to have someone with me as when they come out I can't put them back in myself it's normally my husband who has to do it for me and if I'm on my own I end up having a panic and anxiety attack. I'm just wondering based on this do you think I will get enhanced or standard rate of mobility. Thanks


  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hello AmyGreen12,

    Sorry for the delay in responding to your question.
    Have you had your decision about your PIP claim yet?
    I hope that you have by now had the decision and that it was a favourable one.

    Best wishes


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.