how to get EP test when teenager — Scope | Disability forum

how to get EP test when teenager

northwestmum2 Member Posts: 55 Courageous
My son had CP from his very premature, birth but i was not told this until he was 5 and a half years old,he is now 17,so my question is two-fold-first,how do i ask for tests for autistic spectrum(as this runs in our family,and some of his behaviours are more akin to that than cerebral palsy)and also,do i have any claim from the hospital for not actually telling me he had CP for all those years?(it only came out in a routine clinic visit for my younger,also very premature child.)although he had been having physio,and regular clinic visits  from birth.he also had psychology assessments aged 7.


  • kelly2016
    kelly2016 Member Posts: 30 Listener
    You can ask for a autism assessment threw your GP they will refer you to correct department as he may be to old for CAHMS.  
    The Educational phycologist is normally refered by the senco at school.   Is he in 6 form or college ? They may be able to do it for you  
  • EducationalPsychologist
    EducationalPsychologist Member Posts: 118 Courageous
    As Kelly says above, you can either go through GP or educational establishment to request an assessment for Autism. Or you can find an independent practitioner at With regards to having a claim, you would need to seek legal advice. Try or