How can I get a disability bay? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How can I get a disability bay?

Options
tilly23
tilly23 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I am new this forum but I hope I can get some advice.
I applied for pip and was successful. I suffer with Fibromyalgia and unfortunately the body stiffness is really bad for me.I scored 8 points in mobility section and automatically qualified for blue badge. The parking on my street is really bad and I struggle to park near my home and it is too painful for me to walk long distances. I applied for a disabled bay but was refused. It doesn't make sense to me that with a blue badge I can park on other people's disability bays on my street which residents will get angry about but I don't qualify for my own.As I need to be on enhanced rate to qualify. I'm very confused. Can some one please advise how I can get a disability bay. I live in Birmingham.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,871 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Even if you were able to have a disabled bay, are you aware that it won’t just belong to you. Anyone can park there so it doesn’t guarantee you a space. If there are other disabled bays in your street then you can use those and others can’t stop you from doing so. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness