Hello — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello

Options
dovah
dovah Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My name is Karen and it’s time I introduced myself. I have back and hip problems since I was 18, about 5 years ago after multiple tests I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and now need a wheelchair to go outside which has made me housebound as my doorway is not disability friendly and I need my son to set up my ramp. I was wondering if there’s anyway I can get help with getting a bungalow., I live in social housing and the door opens onto a footpath so I can’t have a ramp built for me. I really need my independence as it has made my depression and social anxiety get worse too. My brain fog means this might not make sense so I apologise if it doesn’t. I am waiting to get an advocate but I’m on a waiting list.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,883 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'd advise you to contact your social housing landlord. Some areas require a minmum age to be entitled to a bungalow so if this applies to your area then it will depend on your age, whether you can be rehoused in a bungalow. 

You can also refer yourself for a needs assessment from your local Authority, if you haven't already. https://www.gov.uk/apply-needs-assessment-social-services

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness