Hello — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.


dovah Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My name is Karen and it’s time I introduced myself. I have back and hip problems since I was 18, about 5 years ago after multiple tests I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and now need a wheelchair to go outside which has made me housebound as my doorway is not disability friendly and I need my son to set up my ramp. I was wondering if there’s anyway I can get help with getting a bungalow., I live in social housing and the door opens onto a footpath so I can’t have a ramp built for me. I really need my independence as it has made my depression and social anxiety get worse too. My brain fog means this might not make sense so I apologise if it doesn’t. I am waiting to get an advocate but I’m on a waiting list.


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,186 Disability Gamechanger
    I'd advise you to contact your social housing landlord. Some areas require a minmum age to be entitled to a bungalow so if this applies to your area then it will depend on your age, whether you can be rehoused in a bungalow. 

    You can also refer yourself for a needs assessment from your local Authority, if you haven't already. https://www.gov.uk/apply-needs-assessment-social-services

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.