Hi I really am suffering from depression! I have been diagnosed with post traumatic stress as well . — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi I really am suffering from depression! I have been diagnosed with post traumatic stress as well .

Options
kittykat49
kittykat49 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I want to learn find it really difficult! I am practically giving up learning.Feel so isolated.Could you give me some advice

Comments

• Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hi @Kittykat49,  I'm sure Hannah will be in touch in due course. In the meantime I would advise you to call our free helpline on 0808 800 3333 (9am-5pm) to discuss the issues you are having, and they may be able to provide you with information on support that might be available to you.
  • EducationalPsychologist
    EducationalPsychologist Community member Posts: 118 Courageous
    Options
    Hello, sounds like things are tough at the moment. In order to know what can help you most with learning, you first need to understand how you learn... What are your strengths and difficulties? An educational psychologist can help identity this and then make recommendations for what can help. 
    If you are under 18 you need parental permission for an assessment, so perhaps talk to your parents/carers about this? If you're an adult you should ask your GP for a referral or you can find an independent practitioner at www.achiopp.org.uk.
    Please do call the Scope helpline to talk through your concerns, they will always listen and try to help.

Brightness