Hi, my name is Jacque! — Scope | Disability forum

Hi, my name is Jacque!

Hi I am a parent carer for my son who has ADHD and ASD. I am also a support worker at a Carers Centre where I help Carers complete benefit forms such as AA,DLA and PIP. I am pleased to be able to use my experience to get successful outcomes for the forms I complete.

I am shocked at the numer of people that I have met who clearly have coditions that will not improve but will sadly become more severe. I hope the announcement made recently that people in this situation will not need to reapply.

Hope that this change will happen quickly.



  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hello @Jacque,

    Welcome to the community, it's great to have you here!

    Are you referring to the announcement about ESA reassessments?  The reason I ask is that the reassessment exemptions only apply to ESA and Universal Credit, not PIP. I wouldn't want to confuse people.

    Only claimants who have already been placed in the ESA Support Group or UC Limited Capability for Work and Work Related Activity categories following a WCA will be considered for exemption from reassessment.

    The changes are still ongoing and the IT changes which are needed won't be completed until the end of 2017. The DWP will also be consulting with key stakeholders, including disabled people, disability charities, their health assessment provider, the Centre for Health and Disability Assessments, medical professionals and others to develop a set of criteria, set out in guidance, to switch off reassessments for those that are eligible. So, there's still a way to go.

    It might not come as quickly as we would like but any progress is progress. We'll be keeping an eye on this and following this with great interest.

    Keep up the great work you're doing :)

    Best wishes


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.