Parents, carers and disabled parents
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Help me please!

sashapashasashapasha Member Posts: 5

Hello My name is Lora. I live in the Republic of Belarus. I bring up the boys twins diagnosed with cerebral palsy. boys name is Sasha and Pasha. Boy 6 years. Both boys do not go. Pope boys with us does not live, he left when the boy was 4 years.Now I live alone with boys. It is very difficult to cope with the boys, they become large and heavy. we live in a high-rise building on the 7 - floor, I can not bring them out into the street without help, I can not leave them home alone, I'm tired to live. Nobody is helps me be engaged in children.     No help neither moral support, there is no financial support, allowance for the two children is $ 300.   No rehabilitation to adapting for children. Tell me, where it is possible  ask for help in anything else - exercise machines, wheelchairs, walkers. Tell me, help me, please. I am tired live like that !!!!!!!!!!

Saniukevich  Larysa 


  • berkshiregirlberkshiregirl Member Posts: 12
    Have you joined a cerebral palsy group on Facebook. They are helpful. It must be so difficult for you
  • sashapashasashapasha Member Posts: 5
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY. Yes, it is very difficult to take care of the children, and even for the two, and I'm very sad that in our country there is no good of social support such mothers with children, as I am. I love my boys so I think that for them, I overturn mountains and put them on their feet, but every year I understand that one I can not do that. I'm not quite understand English. I do not understand in Fasebook how to use it, and the time I do not have, I can do by something at night when the kids are asleep. Behind the whole day I was so tired that not the strength to write and ask for help.
  • Chris_AlumniChris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 695 Pioneering
    edited November 2016
    HI SashaPasha, I'm afraid I don't know of any help that is available in Belarus, but you are always welcome in our online community, and I hope it can at least provide some small moral support. @DebbieVoakes @Scope_rosie do you have any ideas?

  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128 Listener
    Hi @sashapasha I'm sorry I have no idea what might be available in belarus - all my online searches are UK-centric and I'm not coming up with much. I think Belarus last year signed the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities - this gives disabled children some rights - I don't know whether there are local organisations campaigning for inclusion and support for families?Sorry I can't be more helpful - my knowledge is only around England and Wales - but I hope you find the community useful and supportive.
  • sashapashasashapasha Member Posts: 5
    Grateful to everyone for your patience. I want to ask in your country have the funds or the red cross or still any organizations that can help with rehabilitation by means, walker, exercise equipment, splints, and so on ??? I think the a lot of that I need to organize rehabilitation for children in Belarus. Around the world there are many different methods of classes with children with cerebral palsy are not in Belarus. I think our country is stuck with the rehabilitation of such children in 1970 and in spite of the signing of the Convention still long to stand still wakes at the same spot. Based on this at me have appeared one more question. Where to find help in the training of Belarusian specialists to educate lessons on techniques Bobath, Vojta therapy, Tomatis, Montessori and many others. Where to find help in the training of Belarusian specialists to educate lessons on techniques Bobath, Vojta therapy, Tomatis, Montessori and many others. What methods of treatment for children with cerebral palsy have in England?
  • Chris_AlumniChris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 695 Pioneering
    Hi Irina, I have received the following contact details for an organisation in Belarus which may be able to help you:

    ChildFund International
    Prospect Pushkina 39
    Office Center of Hotel "Orbita," Office 16
    Minsk 220092, Belarus
    Telephone: 375 17 257 5925

    Do let us know if you have any luck in contacting these.
  • sashapashasashapasha Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for work. After the weekend I will make calls to the office. Afterwards I will write the result. I think that one year ago, when we were to lead the children to the operation, I appealed to the fund, they do not help in a walker strollers financial assistance. Maybe I'm wrong, after the weekend, I'll call, then wakes known. Thank you for the help it is so nice to feel cared for.
  • sashapashasashapasha Member Posts: 5
    Hello. As previously I wrote that report the results of the search fund. Unfortunately the fund in 2016 in the month of April has been closed. It was very difficult to find out, because this number does not exist on the Internet and there is no information about him. I sought out the employee fund and she informed me about closing it. It is sad. Last time we have in Belarus is very bad with the funds.
  • Chris_AlumniChris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 695 Pioneering
    Hi Sasha, I'm sorry to hear that. If I find anything else I will let you know
Sign in or join us to comment.