Hi, my name is Watchbird! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Watchbird!

Options
Watchbird
Watchbird Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Thankyou for accepting me on your site. I have Crohn's disease, a colostomy during which my ureter was severed led me to losing a kidney and now I have chronic kidney disease stage 4/5.My function fluctuates between 13&17%. At moment I am being reviewed for ESA and no doubt PIP. I am unable to work so will be interesting to see just how these benefits will affect me.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Watchbird welcome to the community! My name is Sam and I help look after the community, I also have ulcerative colitis and an ileostomy! Always nice to chat to a fellow IBDer.  

We have been talking this week about supermarkets changing the signage on accessible toilets to make them more inclusive for people with invisible disabilities.  Head over and let us know your thoughts! 

Look forward to chatting with you, Sam
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Watchbird
    Watchbird Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi Sam thankyou for your welcome message. Yes it is great to be able to have someone in similar situation to chat to. My name is Maureen, when I registered I used watchbird as username not thinking itt should have been my first name. 
    It would be great if supermarkets and airports etc changed their signage. I have gone into disabled toilet in hospital and people look at me as if to say what are you doing in there. Some ordinary toilet cubicles can be very small and not much room to change osteomy bag particularly if you have a leakage or accident.
    Keep in touch and I will. Maureen
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Maureen, you can use whatever username you like, some people use first names, but lots use something different! 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness