How do you feel about "NORMAL" people? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do you feel about "NORMAL" people?

2»

Comments

• chasnbons
    chasnbons Community member Posts: 60 Courageous
    @Sam_Scope

Thanks for the email, I'm just replying to you now hun.
  • Zec Richardson
    Zec Richardson Community member Posts: 154 Pioneering
    edited December 2016
    @chasnbons it is possibly in reference to the original post referring to a wheelchair user as a cripple and then implying that someone who causes their disability through an extreme sport only has themselves to blame.
    I flagged it as I found it offensive and that kind of remark is not needed!

• chasnbons
    @Zec Richardson thanks for that, but I just read it again and sussed it out.  I was VERY tired when I first read it, so it obviously didn't sink in what I had just read :(  Plus I have more stress than usual as I'm worrying about my Mum, who has pneumonia, but had to give up her hospital bed for someone 'more ill' than her.  Never mind the fact that since being discharged her GP has had to change the medication as what the hospital had given her wasn't having any effect, and that if her breathing gets worse (they gave her a peak flow thing to blow into every hour) she has to ring 999 and get readmitted. Which basically means (if last time is anything to go by) another 8 hours on a trolley in a corridor then being moved to FOUR different wards in TWO days!
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh @chasnbons I am sorry to hear about your mum, that sounds like such a stressful situation, especially in the run up to Christmas!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • chasnbons
    Thanks @Sam_Scope she lives 100 miles away from me so to say it's difficult is an understatement.  The best I can do for now is ring her a few times a day, to make sure she isn't any worse.
  • Zec Richardson
    Oh @chasnbons why am I not surprised by this?
    I used to feel safe knowing that if needed the hospital would be there but now I don't feel that way, I was left sat in my wheelchair for 5 hours waiting for a bed, a consultant left me naked on the examination bed thing and ssaid don't get dressed I will be back and didn't come back and when I did get a bed I was sent to x-ray and on return my bed had been given to someone else!
    I hope your mum gets well soon, she needs to complain about this!!!
  • Fundamentalist
    Fundamentalist Community member Posts: 133 Courageous
    Hi all, Fm here. There seems to be some misunderstanding here, and people always misunderstand me and always have done and this leads to all manner of needless aggro. First of all I do NOT have ANY personal grudges against anyone, and of course there are those in my local area who have stupid needless grudges against me, some of them lasting decades just because I stand up to them when they try and barge into my life and take over because they think they own me as far too many do all over the place and they most certainly do NOT! When I get mad with anyone it's never personal, I just do what has to be done as unfortunately some folk in my area just don't know when to stop and just won't be told because there is unfortunately a culture of gross impunity in this country now which has been caused by far too liberal a regime which needs tightening up in many areas. Whenever you have far too liberal a regime and far too widespread sheer Godlessness and total lack of God-fearing you will always end up with sheer anarchy as we're seeing in the UK today and it has to change at some stage and change for the better and that will only happen when enough Christians get their act together and start Evangelising the nation proper as has been done elsewhere around the world. Also don't forget the evil is often in the eye of the beholder, I have read all the terms and as I see it nothing I've said has any predjudice against any particular group or individual. I'm not in the habit of singling out any group or individual but far too many do such a thing with me and always have done, ever since I was in my pram! Why can't everyone be like little toddlers, they're by far the most civilised generation and they're frequently really friendly to me and never hostile, they often greet me as if they knew me even when they've never seen me before. This is probably because I really love little ones and I sometimes get really upset because I can't have any of my own which I would really love. And also anger isn't always such a negative thing, it has given me real strength of character in recent years and when I was much younger I was always too soft and submissive but not any more, no way! But caving in and submitting to all and sundry is what I'm expected to do and I absolutely will not! No-one and nothing in this world owns me and never will, I stand by everything I've written and it's based on hard and brutal experience which I really don't need. Also have you ever read the Gospel of John, chapter 2, verse 12 onwards about how Jesus cleared the temple? What he did would nowadays be termed direct action and I sometimes wish I could travel back in time and see the event as it happened. He really got them told because they needed it, they were seriously desecrating the temple. Fm.
  • Sam_Alumni
    @Fundamentalist I need to remind you of our community guidelines, we want the community to be a safe and supportive place. Please make sure your messages respect other users’ views and suggestions, even if you don’t agree with them.

Take care to present your views tactfully, be aware that your views may upset and offend other members. 

Your comments can be seen as controversial and whilst you are entitled to your opinion, you need to see how this effects others and consider how you share them.  

Before you post, perhaps you can question, is this relevant? Is this useful? Will this upset other members? 

If you post content that is upsetting to the community, the consequences can be:

1. Formal warnings
    2. Editing/Removal of posts
    3. Temporary or permanent banning from the site.

I hope you can work out another way to communicate your feelings in a way that isn't upsetting to the community and we can enjoy your involvement here.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch via community@scope.org.uk 
    Scope
  • Fundamentalist
    Fm here. What is wrong with my posting? If some folk choose to wrongly take any of it as personal that's not my fault. I don't see anything wrong with it. You must understand that disability is a highly emotive subject and we don't all have such nice happy-clappy perfect lives like those on the TV adverts, which of course I don't watch as they furiously annoy me. It seems to me that far too many folk just don't want to know about folk who are so severely disabled as I am and would rather just conveniently sweep them under the carpet out of the way just like they do on the TV where anyone like me are NEVER mentioned and if I write to them they just don't want to know. They just like to show the public a really false impression of disability and that way bias public opinion and it seems to me that it's the same here too which I hope not. What on earth is wrong with me showing the kind of thing that happens to me everyday which I might add is far, FAR worse than merely offensive, it's absolute torture. Perhaps you've never heard of anyone disabled like me before, well there's a first time for all sorts. You know as well as I do that disability is not just "white sticks and wheelchairs" as the TV media would have the public think, just like the train operators and the authorities etc. And I did mention on my very first post on this forum that I have strong opinions. And the things that happen to me everyday are absolutely dreadful, I don't get to enjoy anything properly at all, It's the things that are supposed to be so "enjoyable" that are turned against me and are absolute torture to me, you must understand that such people do exist and that's why I joined this site to try and make that more well known. I am certainly not a typical 21st century, "politically correct" left-wing liberal and I never will be and I don't see anything wrong with that. Someone has to stand up for folk like me and I also find it really offensive when anyone complains about me being the way I am, none of us are perfect. I have not said anything racist, sexist, or sexually explicit, or anti-gay, or anti-religious etc. You must somehow understand that some disabled folk have absolutely dreadful lives and don't have such joyful, sociable lives and can't fit in anywhere and they can't help it and it really annoys me when so many keep blaming the victim. All I'm doing is stating simple fact, You should hear some of the appalling things I get called by grossly anti-social louts on the buses and in the streets etc. I couldn't possibly type any of it here. I really am sick and tired of the false impression of disability that just about everybody in the media and the public have. The deaf have their community, the blind have theirs, and so do a lot of folk in wheelchairs, but if you're like me then there's is no such thing as community, you're on your own. And given half a chance as anyone who really knows me already knows I can be really loving and compassionate and I would really love to have a nice wife and a sweet little girl but there's absolutely no chance, oh no, my father made absolutely sure of that and I don't mind sharing that publicly, the more people know about folk like me, the better. I can't go around telling folk a pack of lies just to give them the nice perfect impression that they expect, life isn't like that. This is a really cruel world as I'm sure you must be well aware. People need to face up to reality which is what this is. Like I've already said I really believe in discipline and order in society and if we had more of that we wouldn't be in the mess we're in with so much dreadful anti-social behaviour. What is wrong with discipline? it's essential to life. It doesn't have to mean a brutal fascist state as so many think. Now what is "offensive" about that? Fm.
  • Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
    @Fundamentalist - we sympathise with your difficulties, and do not wish to censor you but please understand that there are many people in this community with many different views.

While you may have certain political views and it may on occasion be appropriate to voice them in the context of a relevant discussion, this is not a forum for discussing political views. It is a community intended for people to share their experiences, ask questions and help each other.

Please be aware that most people come to the community for friendly discussion, rather than to hear political viewpoints - there are many other places online which are intended for this type of discussion. You are welcome in the community and we hope that you find it helpful, but please respect that others may not share your views, and that it may not be the most appropriate place to discuss them.

• Sam_Alumni
    Hi @Fundamentalist

I understand that disability is an emotive issue and this community is a place for people to share their feelings, but it is important that everyone feels safe and supported here.

We all have to accept that not everyone will share our views and may be upset by them and so we have guidelines in place to ensure the community as a whole is a happy one, we share these guidelines with all members and aim to support everyone to use this place as an informative and helpful place.

Please feel free to contact the team direct if you need any further clarification.

Best wishes to you,
    Sam

Scope
  • Fundamentalist
    Hi all, FM here again. Can someone please tell me why they're using the @ symbol? what is this? Also, it appears that some folk find some of my posting a wee bit "offensive", but I've re-read them over again and I can't find anything that seriously wrong, I do know what I can and can't put on a public forum, just as you have to be careful what you put in a newspaper or magazine or else you end up prosecuted or worse... Also what about all the things I find offensive in this country of ours? What if I were to list them would anyone find that offensive or even see it as grounds for legal action? This offensiveness thing works both ways. I find a whole load of things extremely offensive which are legal and are arrogantly promoted and displayed all over the place, some seasonal and some year round. I also find some people's behaviour in public highly offensive, should I complain about that, or is this not the place? Or does it depend what they do? Nobody here seems that bothered about what I find offensive. And there are quite a few things I find far worse than merely "offensive", especially some of the absolutely appalling things which routinely happen to me which leave mere offensiveness way behind. It seems to me that some folk are a wee bit too easily offended, what I've put in my posts is normal language for me, just as blatant anti-Christian blasphemy is routine language for far too many folk in this country of ours both in public and on TV and radio which I find right out of order, not just offensive. It's far more serious than swearing yet is totally ignored and never bleeped out as it certainly should be, especially on children's programming where it should be banned altogether. I wouldn't DARE blaspheme! Fm.
  • bam
    bam Community member Posts: 326 Pioneering
    @Fundamentalist  please give it a little rest. It doesn't matter what you find offensive it's the community who finds some of your posts to be offensive. you've been arguing about this for days now. just give us a break for a little while
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Zec Richardson
    I agree @Fundamentalist sometimes we can't see what we are doing or writing to be wrong, that is because we see it with our values!
    People are telling you that your posts are annoying and your views are quite extreme and offensive to some and so that tells you that it is wrong!
    This forum is for people to talk safely about disability and life with a disability, it isn't a place to discuss politics and or religion, I'm sure there are other forums that are tailored for those types of topics.
    My advice would be to take what has been said on board and stop posting such strong views, the admins here are extremely tolerant but I should imagine that if you continue as you are, you may be removed and I'm sure that isn't what you want!
    Also surely seeing life as a battle like you clearly do, has to be stressful and it's unnecessary, there will always be people who do not approve or look upon others with distain, but that is unfortunately life and I have found that by choosing to ignore and just not let it bother me, I feel so much better and relaxed and happier!
  • Fundamentalist
    edited December 2016
    Comment removed by Moderator.
  • bam
    bam Community member Posts: 326 Pioneering
    @Fundamentalist  I think everyone on here has suffered maybe not to the extent maybe you feel like you've suffered but we have all struggled. this is not a competition Fundamentalist. this is a community that is designed to support  the people who need it the most, the people that don't have a common voice  to vent their frustrations and anxieties over their health problems. you don't have a democratic right to commit violence upon another human being. we are all suffering here. some of us are just struggling to survive to the next day
  • Zec Richardson
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    edited December 2016
    Hi everyone,

This discussion has run its course and I feel has now gone off topic. I'm therefore closing it to further comments.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed. If you'd like to get in touch with the Scope team privately, you can email us at community@scope.org.uk

Hope you have a good evening.
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness