Not received PIP payment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not received PIP payment

R1963
R1963 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited December 2016 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I WAS AWARDED HIGH RATE PIP 2 months ago I got my last DLA payment last month and have not received one since, if I was receiving DLA still i would have got a payment today but nothing, can anyone answer why please?

Comments

• Markmywords
    Markmywords Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    Hello,

You would need to ask them a question like that. The paperwork should say when the first payment will be made. However PIP is every 4 weeks and not monthly.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Hello R1963

Both DLA and PIP are paid 4 weeks in arrears.  PIP is generally paid on the same day of the week as the decision to award benefit. If therefore the decision was made on Thursday 20 October then your payment may not come through until this Thursday.  I would also expect that this first payment would cover the few days gap between DLA ending and PIP being awarded. 

If in any doubt you can contact PIP to check when the payment will be made, the number is Telephone: 0800 917 2222.

I hope this helps

Maria

The Benefits Training Co:

• nanof6
    nanof6 Community member Posts: 200 Pioneering
    when i was awarded my pip from dla  i got it 1 month after i was awarded it,but i was payed dla while i was waiting.
  • joseph61
    joseph61 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    i think you have answered a question i was  going to ask .i was not sure if i would get my dla payments till i recieved my pip payment. i thought i would lose 4 weeks money in between 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.