Hi, my name is lcl23260! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lcl23260!

lcl23260
lcl23260 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2016 in Start here and say hello!
It is with great sadness that I write this post. I have been a volunteer for nearly 3 years, done the donations collections and got my choir to sing carols to raise money for Scope. My loyalty to the charity had been repaid by a new manager and the Cambridge shop manager treating me and others with total disrespect. Within a week I was so stressed I lost 4lb in weight. They did not take into account any of the volunteers needs, I felt very vulnerable and lost in a previous familiar place. she just kept telling me I had got to accept the changes, which I would of happily done if the haf communicated the changes clearly instead of leaving us to deal with it. It quickly became very clear that they wanted to get rid of all existing staff and volunteers. So I left on Tuesday feeling very stressed and depressed. I cannot believe a charity for disabilities would condone this behaviour from their managers.  We were also expected to be smartly dressed, so I was disgusted when a senior manager is allowed to dress as if she had rumaged through the rag bags.

Comments

Brightness