Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking for nonprofits that increase the independence of people with disability

Options
KarenLunde
KarenLunde Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi - I'm in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I'm currently abled. I work with a private foundation that hopes to increase the independence of people with disability by giving grants to nonprofits - often small nonprofits - to start or expand effective programs. Job training programs, outdoor adventure programs, creative arts programs, therapeutic riding programs, inclusive learning, community building, mobility training - we give grants in all of these areas & more.

If you know of any nonprofits that increase the independence of people with disability, please let me know, thanks! (we give to nonprofits that have 501c3 in the US - the nonprofit's work can be outside of the US - we give grants to nonprofits with annual revenue less than $2 million)

Comments

• rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 619 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi welcome, we are UK based so not sure how US things work to be honest but welcome to the community.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,099 Scope online community team
    Options
    I'm not sure of any non-profit organisations off the top of my head who would meet your criteria, but glad to have you with us @KarenLunde! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 1,000 Pioneering
    Options

Karen, hello and thank you!

Ebony Horse Club in Brixton, London is brilliant but desperately underfunded.