Two bad nights and counting — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Two bad nights and counting

norrms
norrms Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
Good morning all, two bad nights and counting !! Screaming shouting, running around in the middle of the night, I hate this disease of dementia with an absolute vengeance !! Waking in a morning to uncertainty, worry and a feeling of absolute hopelessness, unsettled and nervous, feeling like my mind is not my own, i could go on and on. and yet!! the dawn breaks and another day emerges..............

Dementia is relentless, it doesn't recognise Christmas, New years, holidays etc, it doesn't recognise creed or colour, rich or poor, it just Marches on,

PLEASE LET THERE BE A CURE IN 2017

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Morning @norrms I am so sorry you are having a bad time, this sounds really exhausting for you. 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • norrms
    it is and sadly nothing new xxxxxxxxx
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    To be honest @norrms I have very little experience of dementia, that is why it is so great that people like you share on this community.  Every time we speak out, we have the opportunity to teach others and raise awareness.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • norrms
    will try to post more xxxxxxx
  • norrms
    How one mans dream from Torbay , Devon, UK, dream of a dementia friendly world is hopefully turning  into an ongoing reality

Short film only 26 mins long

Entered into the Famous Sundance festival USA and now entered into the LIVING WITH ALZ film festival .

Filmed in Torbay / Uk  / and the USA

This is how the Global Purple Angel dementia awareness campaign  has evolved from a local group called the Torbay dementia Action Alliance into a Global awareness Campaign which is now known in 40+ Countries worldwide and has over 600 Purple Angel ambassadors globally including memory cafes worldwide, Purple Angel cities in the USA and a WORLD ROCKS AGAINST DEMENTIA coming up for the second time in March 18th 2017. 

It could have NEVER have happened without the support of all

Eternally grateful 
    Norrms Mc Namara 

Link To Film

Disclaimer by Norrms......

I and Elaine were appointed to PM David Cameron's  Dementia Working Group for the South west along with other Organisations and indeed met a couple of times at the Bishops place Exeter, but was NOT or EVER officially called a Dementia Champion by the EX Prime Minister

Thank You 

Norrms Mc Namara

Brightness