PIP advice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP advice

berniedevaney
berniedevaney Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Want to no how I apply for a Mr for pip as I was on dla for years indefinitely and I had a face to face on 9 Dec and I dot took off it my dla ends 10 th Jan don't no who I go to or any ting can you plz help me thanks

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @berniedevaney welcome to the community, can you give a little more information? 

I have moved your post to the Ask a benefits advisor category so I hope you can get some information.

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Hi berniedevaney

Sorry to hear about the decision to end your DLA and not to award you any rate of PIP.

If you disagree with a decision you can challenge it and the first stage in doing so is to request a mandatory reconsideration. There is some good information about how to do that here: challenging decisions. You have one month from the date of the decision to request a mandatory reconsideration.

Be clear when you make your request for a mandatory reconsideration and state why you think the decision is wrong and what you think the correct decision should be. The decision maker needs to consider whether you can carry out the activities within the PIP assessment reliably. This means considering whether you can complete the activities:

·         Safely – in a manner unlikely to cause harm to themselves or to another person, either during or after completion of the activity

·         To an acceptable standard

·         Repeatedly – able to repeat the activity as often as is reasonably required

·         In a reasonable time period – no more than twice as long as the maximum period that a non-disabled person would normally take to complete that activity.

If you think they haven’t done this then be sure to point it out. It is also worth requesting copies of all the evidence they have used in making the decision. 

I hope that helps and please post back on here if you need any advice about making a challenge, it can be a difficult and stressful process but we are here to help.

Best wishes

Paul

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.