Looking for help claiming benefits and people who understand how it feels — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking for help claiming benefits and people who understand how it feels

Options
smiles
smiles Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am a mum to 3 daughters and 1 son. I have 2 grandsons. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2011. I suffer with severe migraines, IBS, raynauds syndrome, plantar fascitis, depression & anxiety. I would like to find others with fibro to talk to. Facebook have fibro help and discussions but it's all in USA. I was forced to quit my job due to my disabilities 18 months ago. I am now a housewife with my husband working extra hours to support the household. I have tried to claim PIP twice now n been refused. I have the full support from my Dr but it seems the health professional who came to visit knows me better !! I would love to find someone who could help me with claiming benefits and maybe someone who understands how it feels n would like a chat. I live in stoke- on - Trent. Thank you for reading x 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @smiles

Welcome to the community!

We have a warm, welcoming and caring community here so please have a look around, join in discussions and if I can do anything to help, please just ask.

Sam
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Lynne53
    Lynne53 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    Options
    Hi smiles I know you haven't had what you wanted yet but I do have several friends with Fibro so I know a bit about it.  Do you see Consultants at the hospital?::Maybe if they saw their medical opinions it might carry more influence. Sorry I can't help with Fibro, except I know people who have PIP because of it, but I can listen and two head are better than one. Keep in touch Smiles just knowing there are still nice people around does me good. Xxxxx

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @smiles if you wanted to connect with people in your area, there are a few services local to you, you can see them here on the Services Directory.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness