Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Looking for help claiming benefits and people who understand how it feels

smilessmiles Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2017 in Disabled people
I am a mum to 3 daughters and 1 son. I have 2 grandsons. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2011. I suffer with severe migraines, IBS, raynauds syndrome, plantar fascitis, depression & anxiety. I would like to find others with fibro to talk to. Facebook have fibro help and discussions but it's all in USA. I was forced to quit my job due to my disabilities 18 months ago. I am now a housewife with my husband working extra hours to support the household. I have tried to claim PIP twice now n been refused. I have the full support from my Dr but it seems the health professional who came to visit knows me better !! I would love to find someone who could help me with claiming benefits and maybe someone who understands how it feels n would like a chat. I live in stoke- on - Trent. Thank you for reading x 

Replies

• Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,731 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @smiles

Welcome to the community!

We have a warm, welcoming and caring community here so please have a look around, join in discussions and if I can do anything to help, please just ask.

Sam
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Lynne53Lynne53 Member Posts: 52 Courageous
    Hi smiles I know you haven't had what you wanted yet but I do have several friends with Fibro so I know a bit about it.  Do you see Consultants at the hospital?::Maybe if they saw their medical opinions it might carry more influence. Sorry I can't help with Fibro, except I know people who have PIP because of it, but I can listen and two head are better than one. Keep in touch Smiles just knowing there are still nice people around does me good. Xxxxx

• Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,731 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @smiles if you wanted to connect with people in your area, there are a few services local to you, you can see them here on the Services Directory.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
Sign in or join us to comment.