Anyone here locked out of love life because of disabilities? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone here locked out of love life because of disabilities?

2»

Comments

• Fundamentalist
    Fundamentalist Community member Posts: 133 Courageous
    Hi all, Fm here again. The reason I've always been alone is simply because I've HAD to be because of a whole long list of appalling things I was infected with by a totally unfit father. Would you consider getting involved with someone who can't go to a restaurant or a cinema because of all the absolutely excruciating noise? Or someone who can't go ANYWHERE hot? Who can't go out in the sun when there's a heat wave and they have to stay in bed all day with a dirty great fan running on full blast over the bed all night as well as day? Who can hardly move a muscle without absolutely drowning in absolutely appalling levels of uncontrollable extreme sweat? Or someone who can't travel on an all open train carriage or go on a plane because of all the absolutely brutal noise? Someone who's whole everyday routine is severely disrupted? That is how it is for folk like me, it has NOTHING to do with so-called "attitude", it's those are just too quick to (mis)judge whose attitude absolutely stinks just like those coppers who try and falsely criminalise me just for fully justifiably sticking up for myself which I've every right to do, I'm not anyone's doormat, or football or toilet or whatever. And I'll stick up for anyone else who gets picked on just because of something they can't help, It's those commit such appalling crimes against the vulnerable, THEIR attitude absolutely stinks. So don't be so quick to judge someone you've never met and you don't even remotely know. Those who do know me know what a highly complex and compassionate character I am but then there are those who only see the things they can use as a lame excuse to try and judge me without knowing anywhere near the full facts, they just assume things based on a tiny little snippet of information, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts and assumption is the mother of all foul-ups! This situation is a bit like those secular folk who like to try and catch out Christian preachers and try and put them on the spot, well if I was a preacher I would just turn it around and put THEM on the spot right in front of all the other folk there. Anyone normal wouldn't have anything to do with me because they're too used to having whatever they want far too easy which is why I need someone at my own level who would try and understand me and my situation but for some unknown reason those who control the websites seem to have some kind of prejudice against me once again without knowing a thing about me that they need to know before making any kind of judgement so that's another reason why I'm alone. How else can I find any company unless I can join a site for disabled folk to meet someone? What other means is there for anyone like me? But just as it's always been for me all my life there are those who are determined to keep me locked out of anything remotely enjoyable, it's THEIR attitude that stinks and it's all because I can't meet their demanding standards which they always expect. One thing I really hate is grossly condescending attitudes. And perhaps it's time this thread was closed. Fm.
  • Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
    Hi @Fundamentalist, regarding the activation codes that don't arrive, have you checked your 'junk' email folder?

• Fundamentalist
    Fundamentalist Community member Posts: 133 Courageous
    Hi from Fm. Yes, I've checked every folder and there's nothing. So I've sent them a message on their web form last Thursday and still there's nothing back and it said they aim to get back in 12 to 48 hours, working days of course and that's expired now so I'll have to send them an email now and see what happens and if there's still no satisfactory response I'll have to try phoning them and I hope I can talk to someone on a clear line and not get a load of automated garbage like I do with utility firms. Fm.

Brightness