OkCupid finally removed a question asking if people with low IQs should be allowed to have children — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

OkCupid finally removed a question asking if people with low IQs should be allowed to have children

Options
Alex
Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
Great news from Mencap's latest campaign. It's a small change, but I think it sends an important message!

https://www.buzzfeed.com/rosebuchanan/okcupid-changes-question

Comments

• GeoffBosworth195661
    GeoffBosworth195661 Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hello @Alex I agree all the way with this one Alex it may be small change but now the message will be a important one. Thank you for bringing that to my attention as I know of children who have grown up have gone on to university so it proves there is the wrong attitude with this question but now shows there is positives' from this.  
  • wendy41
    wendy41 Community member Posts: 227 Pioneering
    Options
    That's disgusting! And to me personally that is something that seems like 'far right' thinking. After all a website is created and it's 'human input' that creates the questions. Irrelevant of them removing the question; it then asks the question what is the 'true ideology' behind the website? It certainly isn't 'love'. 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,073 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't think you will get a responce @wendy41 it's a post from 4 years ago.

Brightness