PIP assessment in audit 3 weeks for capita to call and say second assessment needed

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,146 Championing
    DWP have nothing to do with the audits.
  • BJC
    BJC Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    My assessment was completed on 09/01/2024 had a further call back two days later and it's still not been sent to DWP it's still being audited, how long does it normally take.
    Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    There are no timescales for any audit. Some take a few days but other take several weeks. The longest I've known an audit to last for was 6 weeks and that's my own personal experience.

I know it's frustrating but there's nothing at all anyone can do because the report can't be returned until the audit is completed. A decision can't be made without the report either. 

Best thing to do is to try to concentrate on something else because if you keep ringing it will only make your anxiety even worse. I appreciate it's difficult but it's out of your hands now. 
  • BJC
    BJC Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Thanks @poppy123456 for the reply, I have been getting quite anxious about how long it is taking and I will try and be a bit more patient, can I ask you  after report has been through the audit can they change the assors notes before sending it over.
  • poppy123456
    Yes information in the report can be changed during an audit. 
  • sookie83
    sookie83 Community member Posts: 12 Listener

Hi I've been waiting 3 weeks for my assessment report still hasn't been completed by captia, my mother rang them today, coud mine be audited to?and this is why it's taking so long?they did not say this over the phone, but no explanation was given just i5s taking longer than expected, it hasn't been sent to dwp yet, I don't understand what's taken them so long

• poppy123456

Yes, potentially it's in an audit. It's annoying but unfortunately there's nothing you can do. Once the audit is completed it will be returned to DWP. From there a decision can take up to 12 weeks.