PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

Julia1965
Julia1965 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hello 
my two sons have high functioning Autism , they rely on me completely to help them do household chores to assisting when cooking and chopping veg etc , also to encourage washing and dressing and going out in the community to do some shopping and recreational activities they have never caught a bus on their own and wouldn't know the area they live in the have terrible anxiety whenever they go out any where and need reassurance and my car ready for a quick exit if needed ,they can't manage money, they don't know the difference between £5 and £20 etc, I have to help them to budget and save , my oldest son had his PIP interview in December and was refused PIP ! As apparently he could take his cap off ok and he plays on the Xbox games (not very good) ! They said as he could do these things he doesn't not qualify for PIP ! 
Has anyone else had the same problem claiming ? We are appealing but now have to go to court which I'm dreading as I know my son will be a bag of nerves on the day and I'm hoping he won't lash out and hit someone when we are there .

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.