Hi, my name is Andy58! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Andy58!

Options
Andy58
Andy58 Community member Posts: 41 Pioneering
Hello, I have Spina Bifida with the added bonus of a tethered spinal cord. This seems a nice friendly place and I hope to make some new friends here. I used to be happy go lucky but get fed up nowadays as being disabled in the UK at the moment feels very much like being a second class citizen.

Comments

• MrsLogic
    MrsLogic Community member Posts: 42 Connected
    Options
    Hi Andy

Welcome to the site; I trust that you will find it useful.

I was diagnosed with autism in 2015 and being disabled can prove very difficult at times.  Here's hoping that you can chat with likeminded individuals on here.

Kind regards
    Jo, aka 'Mrs Logic'
    <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://faspie.blogspot.co.uk/">http://faspie.blogspot.co.uk/</a>

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Andy58 how are you getting on?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • bendigedig
    bendigedig Community member Posts: 254 Pioneering
    Options
    @Andy58

hi Im very new here too.

yes, it is a very friendly place.  I know what you mean by second class citizen by the way.  

Ive just metaphorically rolled out the red carpet for you mate;). Hope that makes you feel better?  Lol.

hope to see you around :)
  • Andy58
    Options
    Sam_Scope said:
    Hi @Andy58 how are you getting on?
    @Sam_Scope Hi Sam, I'm not too bad thank you, just struggling with feeling down and fed up, hope you're doing ok
  • Andy58
    Options
    @bendigedig Thanks a lot, if the red carpet leads to the pie counter I'll feel better  :)
  • bendigedig
    bendigedig Community member Posts: 254 Pioneering
    Options
    @andy58

Ha ha!  Do you know sombody mentioned on here the other day (think it was one of the admins?) about a guy he new who used to put a pie between two rounds of bread and butter to eat it..... You know, like a pie butty?  Just thought Id mention that :). Im imagining that he put brown sauce on it too?  I think that I would if I was him.

yeah, pies though.  Theyre good arent they.  My wifes turned into a vegysaurus so I dont see many pies these days :( although the quorn steak pies that I fill the gap with are okay (ish)

has to be said..... Im missing my pies though :(

Brightness