backdated young persons dla — Scope | Disability forum

backdated young persons dla

nikkih Member Posts: 2 Listener
can someone help please 
it turns out my son was entitled to higher child tax credits for 4/5 years which he never received
as this made life harder and we where never informed is he entitled to make a backdated claim ? any advise or info gratefully recieved 


  • micksue52
    micksue52 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    This may or may not be the advice you are looking for, the only answer possibly to give at this stage is to seek advice from Citizen's Advice or maybe a Benefits advisor on here.  If you go to DWP this could be a long lengthy process as it would be questions after questions or fill in this form and then fill in this form. Where as all the advice you will need and hopefully getting all the necessary forms all in one place and they will help you to fill them in.  Sorry I cannot be anymore help, but the very best of luck on your claim or at least moving forward in life.
  • nikkih
    nikkih Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi micksue52 Thanks for the reply and advise this is probably the only thing to do nikkih
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,674 Disability Gamechanger
    Let us know how you get on @nikkih

    Senior online community officer


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.