Criteria for getting pip on mental health grounds — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Criteria for getting pip on mental health grounds

Options
Beanie34
Beanie34 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi Can Anyone tell me the criteria for getting pip on mental health grounds please also on esa claims to thanks in advance x

Comments

• Kathy_Bramley
    Kathy_Bramley Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    Options
    I like beanie hats. And beans! 
    Hello. Welcome. You've posted in the welcome section. A more specific part of the site might be more likely to get you the engagement and information that's going to be most helpful. All the best.  
    Autistic mother (they/them) not Autism Mom
  • Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @beanie34, as I understand it, PIP is determined based on the impact that your condition has on your day to day living and the subsequent extra cost of daily living, rather than the condition itself. This is determined on your application/ by the assessors/pip decision makers based on a series of descriptors, which you can find here. I've moved your thread to our pip section and I'm sure other members with experience of the process will be able to help you further.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.