not sure if I can get an allowance
I am 69 and suffer from Arthritis and Fibromyalgia. I am in constant pain but not sure if I can get an allowance so that I can employ a cleaner. My car is getting older and I would like to get on mobility to allow me to get out and about. I cannot get out without it as my feet are so painful and stop me walking far. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 292 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.