Mate needing some practical advice with CP and encouragement

wandering_chris
wandering_chris Community member, Scope Member Posts: 95 Empowering
edited July 31 in Everyday life

My mates feeling down,

Carers this morning seeing if he could put his top on in the commode chair, he was scared of fallin forward but he did it. They were happy but saying about needing to be independent when talk about moving and how is he gonna do toileting etc, and he's just in the pits emotionally.

He's scared he wont be able to move if he can't get more independent and will be stuck on the sinkhole estate he's on and be trapped.

Any advice please?

Tagged:

Comments

• SaraC_Scope
    SaraC_Scope CP Network, Scope Posts: 86 Empowering

Hi @wandering_chris Thanks for reaching out for your friend. I can see you really care about him.

Is he on the waiting list to move to another property? I'm wondering if he'll still receive caring support if and when he moves. It might be worth contacting his Local Authority Disability team.

It's really hard when your friend is achieving so much, but people want him to do more. I would let him know it's ok to take things a day at a time. Having your support as well is reassuring.

Sara

CP Support.

• wandering_chris
    wandering_chris Community member, Scope Member Posts: 95 Empowering

he's signed up to the council he's moving to and applies regularly. To be honest Sara, he just wants to get off the estate.