How can I get a replacement certificate of entitlement for road tax?

owtornowt
owtornowt Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi everyone

Comments

• owtornowt
    owtornowt Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    can anyone tell me how to get a replacement certificate of entitlement for road tax
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    Hi and welcome to the community 

If you ring the pip helpline they will send you a copy.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,445 Championing
    Welcome to the community @owtornowt :) I like your username!

I hope that janer1967's comment has helped. You can read about this on this government document, which says:

A replacement certificate is needed when:

• the registered keeper or their vehicle has changed
    • the certificate has been lost, stolen or damaged. 
    To get a replacement certificate contact:

DLA (GB customers only) By phone 0800 121 4600 By text phone 0800 121 4523 (speech or hearing difficulties)

PIP (GB customers only) and AFIP (GB and NI customers) By phone 0800 121 4433 By text phone 0800 121 4493 (speech or hearing difficulties)

DLA (NI customers only) By phone 0800 587 0912 By text phone 028 9031 1092 (speech or hearing difficulties)

PIP (NI customers only) By phone 0800 587 0932 By text phone 0800 587 0937

• Dot4
    Dot4 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Thank you so much for the information. I wish I had found you sooner. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,538 Championing
    I'm glad you've found the community helpful @Dot4 :) 

Let us know if you do need a hand with anything else, and please feel free to have a look around, and join in whenever you are ready, here are a few good places to start:

I hope you find the forum a friendly and welcoming place to spend some time!

Alex
  • kemsol
    kemsol Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    All the numbers given are no good for replacement certificate of entitlement, options not applicable.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,905 Championing
    Hello @kemsol

Apologies this is an old thread. You will need to contact the DWP on 0800 121 4433. Then ask them for the replacement certificate through option 1 I believe :) 
  • Romulus
    Romulus Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi please help me. I need a contact number for a renewal Entitlement  certificate for disability car tax exemption. I am going round and round on the phone. All I want is to get my car taxed as I am without my vechical on the road. Just want to speak to someone please. Romulus
  • noman
    noman Community member Posts: 1,092 Pioneering
    You need to phone PIP Enquiries 

0800 121 4433
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 4,086 Online Community Coordinator
    Hi @Romulus, welcome to the community. Which benefit are you trying to get an entitlement letter for? There's a list of the numbers here if you need to check. The PIP enquiries line is the number posted by noman above. Some members have reported that the lines are quite busy today, but I hope you get what you need soon :)
  • Romulus
    Romulus Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks Rosie for the message. I have managed to catch a nice human on the phone. I have spoken to them. I have one heading my way snail mail lol
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 4,086 Online Community Coordinator
    That's great @Romulus, hope it doesn't take too long and you can get back on the road!
  • healermum
    healermum Community member Posts: 3 Listener

hi I have lost my road tax certificate and I have been trying for last 3 months to get it copy of it but they are keep

Sending me pip letters which post office are not expecting it what should I do

If any one can help me

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,306 Championing

You need to ask them specifically for the certificate of entitlement.

• healermum

thankyou

• healermum

thanks I got the write numbers to call and they that I can only get road tex for the half price because in pip I only got 10 points instead of 11 so I am no longer eligible for it that’s fine at least I got the answer now I know why pip could not answer my question this sight is very helpful to learn things thanks again

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,306 Championing

That explains it yes. To be clear for free road tax you need Enhanced mobility PIP, which is 12 points and not 11 points.

To claim the 50% reduction you need to send all your documents to DVLA, including payment for 50% of your road tax. See link.

https://www.disabledmotoring.org/motoring/road-tax-50-reduction

For your PIP award, if you disagree with the decision and that was made within the last 13 months you can request the Mandatory Reconsideration.

However, whether it's possible to score at least 12 points will depend on how your conditions affect you.