PIP points reduced as shopping trolley classed as aid - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP points reduced as shopping trolley classed as aid

2»

Comments

• dan20ddf
    dan20ddf Community member Posts: 39 Connected
     I agree it has put me on anti depression as well at the moment but also got reasons why I'm on anti depression cause can hardly movement without great deals of pain atos put can walk 50 -200metres without asking me or even seeing as sat on sofa whole  time assessment what changed was said go small shop but use trolley but stop 12 14 times at guess within hour as takes me ages walk short slow steps auctioned this distance 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Government don't believe there such a thing a disability @bendigedig.  

I've just asked for my tribunal hearing venue to be changed because the first one was in a building where the hearings are on the 4th floor - so I couldn't evacuate the building in an emergency.  Great planning to hold PIP hearings on the 4th floor.
  • bendigedig
    bendigedig Community member Posts: 254 Pioneering
    @Matilda
    Please copy and paste this to my thread.

"Is PIP fit for purpose"? A welfare process that negatively affects health?
    Read more at https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/32900/is-pip-fit-for-purpose-a-welfare-process-that-negatively-affects-health#MItUH2VbIKzTcV36.99

Its too priceless not to be presented as a glaring example of their rank incompetence.

If the situation wasnt so criminal it would be worthy of laughter. :(
  • bendigedig
    bendigedig Community member Posts: 254 Pioneering
    @dan20ddf
    "Is PIP fit for purpose"? A welfare process that negatively affects health?
    Read more at https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/32900/is-pip-fit-for-purpose-a-welfare-process-that-negatively-affects-health#MItUH2VbIKzTcV36.99

Could you please paste your story to my thread.  If its in that thread, when I come to doccument evidence in a presentable format It will all be in one place.

Im going to be hard pressed to do anything other wise.
  • eleroo
    eleroo Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I was told the more aids you have and use the more points you get so I don't understand why you lost points. A shopping trolley is not a disabity aid and they are wrong.  I had my assessment the other day and I and frightened I have said and done the wrong thing.  I had help with the form and the lady put on I have a trolley with wheels bath seat etc and said each on gives points but now I am unsure. 
  • Lucysam25
    Lucysam25 Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    Thats what the person  said to me do i go shopping i said i go with my sister and hold on to the trolly and also i sit down were there is sitting  i sat all through the assessment never walked any  where in the house & said the person  i could walk 50meters so i am going through the courts now i do use a stick i can't do without it now  
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Assessors make the assumption that people can walk farther holding on to a shopping trolley which is not necessarily the case.  If someone can only walk 20m holding onto a trolley, then they can only walk 20m, not 50m.
  • Lucysam25
    Lucysam25 Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    I have been told to have a operation on my left  hip because i have arthritis in the left hip how can they justifie my illness with CP & spina-bifida  & arthritis of the knees as well as planter-fasitis     & wear splints I got 9 points  Are they blind this D W P 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.