Chuckle

Catherine21
Catherine21 Community member Posts: 1,439 Pioneering

Had ro laugh The dwp giving out payments for Christmas you don't have to apply it will be automatically sent I cant wait ! That's a pint of milk sorted been the same payment since 1972 I'd rather them not give and put towards winter fuel payments but I'm sure that wouldn't be enough it's killing me the thought of someone suffering

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 4,086 Online Community Coordinator

It does seem a little silly that it's stayed at £10 @Catherine21! But every little helps!

It's not nice to think of anyone suffering, but I don't think swapping Christmas bonuses will go too far towards replacing winter fuel payments.

For some people that £10 can help them have a slightly tastier meal or buy a little present for themselves or a loved one, so it does make a difference to some people even though it's not a large amount 😊

• Catherine21

Well let's see after budget might be able to buy some chewing gum maybe

• vikki66
    vikki66 Community member Posts: 864 Empowering

Good idea, keep chewing gum and it’ll take your mind off not being able to afford an Xmas dinner.

• vikki66
    vikki66 Community member Posts: 864 Empowering

I agree re the £10, going towards somebody’s fuel.

• Catherine21
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,621 Championing

You can always donate the £10 Christmas bonus to a charity. We have a church nearby that puts on a cooked meal 3 days a week and they are always happy to receive a donation. I'm sure there are other ones nationwide.