chronic pain — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

chronic pain

paulalynne
paulalynne Community member Posts: 3 Listener
hi I suffer from chronic psoriatic arthritis, chronic iritis and now been told I have ankylosis spondolitis.  I just wanted to know if there is anyone else out there please

Comments

• milo
    milo Community member Posts: 129 Pioneering
    edited March 2017
    Hi @paulalynne. Welcome to the community. I'm sure that you will find being a member a very positive experience. there are people on here with all kinds of experiences and we are all happy to share in both the good times and when things are more difficult.  one thing that you will quickly discover is that you are certainly not alone.
  • paulalynne
    thank you milo its good to know
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Hi @paulalynne, you are not alone! Sorry to hear of the stuff you've got going on. I have chronic pain, though today is a better day as I've managed to get out. Had a really bad patch... But seem to be coming out of that now - hurray! Back to normal amount of pain.... 

Nice to see you on here 

• paulalynne
    thank you mossycow much appreciated hope you stay painfree
  • pathood
    pathood Community member Posts: 5 Connected
    Sorry to hear you have so much pain Paulalynn, I have osteo arthritis, and fibromyalgia, I have had 4 knee replacement so far and I'm only 63, the most r cent revision was in Feb and I had to have joint removed because or the raised chrome cobalt levels in my blood stream. I will have to have the other side done too a thing some point, but because I had MRSA after that one, we aren't sure how successful it will be, so holding off for a bit.  Some days I just can't do anything, other days I'm much better, I had to give up work, we downsized and moved away to get a bungalow, but it's been hard, I try to go for a ride on my trike, when I have energy, I also like to swim but haven't been back yet since new hip. Some times life can feel like you have one thing after the other can't it, but hang in there.  I no want have a problem with the knee replacement I had done 3 yrs ago, the consultant says it's very unstable in fact it's totally loose, this causes me pain when I am driving I have a motorbility automatic car, but I can't go far due to pain.  I feel very lucky to have that and I will be updated my car and having it adapted as hopefully not being able to drive far is just temporary. I find trying to stay positive is the best thing, I get involved with things too, I run a choir on a Wednesday night for an hour, it's jus the fun, nothing serious. I also play the piano at our local church.  The hardest times for me aren't when I don't sleep, 
    how about you? Are your unable to sleep? Can you get out and about a bit?
  • dizzie
    dizzie Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi, I have psoriatic arthritis and my rheumatologist thinks I have ankilosing spondylitis so I'm waiting for an MRI to confirm it. I am on leflunomide, pregablin and humira injections. Feel like I'm constantly in a flare and I've forgotten what it's like to not be in pain. Hope you are feeling better. 

Brightness