Uncertainty

Catherine21
Catherine21 Community member Posts: 1,439 Pioneering

I want the 30th to come but I don't want to watch everyday different emotions hard to keep up with myself so overwhelming can't talk to daughter as she has her life her problems I don't think people understand they think I'm being over anxious and say it will be alright why worry yourself have a friend said no one else worrying why stress your brain the emails I want to send liz kendell but I definitely will sit on that even the little pleasures I used to get watching films I know it's not much but I love my scary films I can't watch as I see how realistic to life they are I've really lived in a protective bubble the outside world is not for me can't rest my mind on a normal day let alone under this pressure the world is changing all over and I see how people are suffering I don't want to get out of bed even brushing teeth is an effort my memory bad but getting worse through stress my daughter coming to stay having an operation and I cant deal with that which makes me feel awful so overwhelming my mind wants to shut down I despise The labour party

Comments

• Bluebell21
    Bluebell21 Community member Posts: 1,791 Pioneering
    edited October 3

Hi @Catherine21 I am so sorry you are suffering so much with the uncertainty of what is to come in the budget. Please take care of yourself.

• luvpink
    luvpink Community member Posts: 374 Empowering

@Catherine21

Its just awful that we have been left hanging in limbo for so long.

We may know a bit more about our fete next week when Kendal gets questioned about benefit reform among other things.

I'm not looking forward to it one bit.

In the meantime all thatc8s being said is speculation and a lot of scaremongering.

• Catherine21

Oh I'm not either I really don't think i can watch I'm thinking of responding to email recieved yesterday saying if you say you will be supporting disabled people why didn't liz kendell appoint is it a disability mp pm her team? I

• Nightcity
    Nightcity Community member Posts: 1,146 Trailblazing

I really do advise again @Catherine21 that you definitely don't watch it. It will just add to your suffering and most of their jargon makes no sense to the average person anyway.

your best option is to visit one of the trusted sources from 2pm onwards for an accurate, simplified and calm take on whatever is announced where you can get a lot of support and everyone can look out for each other.

i know you've been suffering majorly now fot weeks, I'm sorry for that.

• Catherine21

Thats definitely what I will do thankyou hope your well

• Ironside1990
    Ironside1990 Community member Posts: 146 Empowering

I want the 30th to come as well. It's only four weeks away, but to a person with anxiety, it feels like forever. Hopefully, the controversy from pensioners having winter fuel allowance taken away and the backlash, will make Labour think twice about taking away PIP, or other things that will harm disabled people.

I am trying to distract myself with hobbies in the meantime.

• Catherine21

Let's hope it 🙏 pls pls I cut the grass going to clean out cupboards whats your plans for today

• carbow32
    carbow32 Community member Posts: 138 Empowering

I am in a state of anxiety and constant alert as well. It is awful.

• luvpink

Hi Catherine

I am going out to get my nails done today and then I'm going to have a wander around some charity shops.

I live in a seaside resort and its lovely and sunny here today so I'm going to sit on a bench and watch the surfers.

I know its hard but try to have a nice day and take care.

• Catherine21

It is torture have seconds or minutes of being OK I cut grass trying find things to do other wise I sit for hours thinking even crying have you got hobbies or plans try to distract yourself

• Catherine21

Oh that' sounds amazing I live in concrete city my mum lives in Devon so beautiful I love a good charity shop sounds like a perfect day enjoy

• Catherine21

Oh isn't it amazing sir kier starver giving six thousand back oh what a man no mention of the rest mind you !! People are not fooled by this thankgod

• Ironside1990

I've done my laundry and i'm just about to have dinner.

• carbow32
    carbow32 Community member Posts: 138 Empowering

I do make hobby craft items. I sell them to get money of materials back. Then though that is another worry because I then worry then could say oh that is work and I lose LCWRA. I already have a severe psychiatric. The thoughts that go around in my head just aggravate. If I didn't have the hobby then more time for my mind to have psychotic thinking. There is no winning.

• luvpink

I lived in Exeter for sixteen years and I travelled for day trips to the surrounding seaside resorts.

There were some beautiful places in Devon.

I live in Cornwall now and I love it here.

• Catherine21

No don't worry I've been same about my spending I squander money really bad started worrying fk it part of my disorder there's a million things even if we didn't have things to worry about we would worry I've gone through everything even conversation in my head like its really happening last year was worse with sunak god I was out of my mind with terror and I has to challenge myself because what I thought never happened and I was terrified shaking running to mental health placeso vulnerable couldn't open my eyes with fear this is a saying I've had many worries in my life most of them didn't happen I am scared but I promised myself I cannot get that way again nearly triggered a breakdown and these f@@@@ are not worth it what gives me some peace of mind is it would take years to implement amd alot of charities on outside people kindly put on here how it has to be passed by lords that gives me some sort of hope and iys all falling around

• Ironside1990

I also think when the 30th arrives and we get answers, things will calm down on here. The uncertainty and the anxiety is making emotions run high.

Hopefully we'll get answers soon.

• Nightcity
    Nightcity Community member Posts: 1,146 Trailblazing
    edited October 3

@Catherine21 I'm not too bad thanks

@Ironside1990 I am confident labour have damaged themselves already enough not to be as much of a threat as they would have been.

• luvpink

I agree.

People are naturally anxious and frantically worried because we have been left hanging in limbo for too long but hopefully we may get some peace of mind soon.

Either way I can't see any potential changes happening any time soon.