Hi, my name is sue — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is sue

Options
holiday3
holiday3 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Just had the report back after assessment on9/5/17 And half of what I said has been reported wrong by nurse who assesd  me ie I need help bathing and dressing she wroteI didn't need help and I was calm not nerves  I'd told her I had taken 2 sedatives before going there in my son's car also she said I didn't look tired and that I had good eye contact all the while I was wearing dark prescription glasses due to the bright lighting and sensitive to light allso asked me if I could walk 2/5min with out stopping then went on to say I could walk 200mtres which I can't. No mention of my sciatica or rheumatoid arthritis. Osterpherosis. Copd .also suffer with prinzmetal angina and ostiaarthritus so I'm in A lot of pain every day no mention of my son having to do most things for me .I have been on dla for a while but due to me being ill I missed an appointment  in Feb I did call and tell them I was very bad with sciatica pain couldn't walk at all allso suffers with bronchitis  such she could here but they sent me a letter saying because of missed appointment  I was no longer entitled  to dla or Pip my Dr sent a letter asking them for a home visit due to illnesses  and confirming I was to I'll to go then I was given appointment  for 9th May huh .now got to wait for letter from Pip assessor with there decision  how long I don't know has any one else had same treatment im61ys old my condition  isn't going to get better . 

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @holiday3 and welcome to the community.

Sadly it seems to be a common story that what the assessor writes down has very little to do with what happens during the assessment. If you disagree with the result you can ask for a mandatory review and then on to appeal if you feel the result is still wrong.

@BenefitsTrainingCo may be able to offer further advice.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.