"LETS INSPIRE ONE ANOTHER" — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

"LETS INSPIRE ONE ANOTHER"

iza
iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering

Hi everyone, 

I am a member of few FB groups and in the last period of time I read lots of "negative comments over personal feelings, illnesses, pains, fatigues end so on. 

I decided that is time to change the topic for a day or few (weekend is perfect for it) with positive influence. 

As it is almost Friday and weekend is just by the corner 

I would like to invite you to the game of 
"LETS INSPIRE ONE ANOTHER" 
Please feel free to add in the comment below only your positives energy, positive thinking and a bit of fun. Please feel free to share 
1) Inspirational quotes, uplifting videos 
2) links to fantastic comedy movies on you tube
3) books which everyone should read at least once 
4) humor 
5) passions / hobbies 
6) blogs which are worthy to be follow
7) funny stories. 
Weekends is just behind the corner so lets begin the game.
Only positivity below. <3

With positive energy Iza

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2017
    Hello @iza

I have the picture below on my desk at work and home to remind me from time to time that the issues I face are not the end of the world. The fact I cannot sing helps to make the point for me.

Image result for when i have a problem i sing

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• iza
    Hi @Geoark
    I can see we have something in common. I only sing when I am alone and thanks God it does happen once or twice a year only. 
    Have a great evening. 

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    I remember my music teacher telling me I had a unique voice, the only person he knew who could hit every note between the keys but none of the keys themselves. The only person I know who actually enjoys my singing is my daughter, and that has more to do with the fact I never actually know the right words so tend to sing my own version.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• SeanRyan
    SeanRyan Community member Posts: 66 Connected
    Hi Iza With you 100% you have to laugh every day in fact tomorrow afternoon I am on the guest list for Q.I. and am taking three other olds who prefer to laugh. The serious grown up stuff goes in my blog. My motto laugh every day.   
  • SeanRyan
    Oh yes and Derek helps
  • iza
    Hi @SeanRyan
    Laughing is very important indeed It helps in crisis moments. 
    Why do yo not share the link to your blog as well please. 
    Have a great day. 
    Iza
  • SeanRyan
  • binriding
    binriding Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    I appreciate that as things go I'm not as badly affected as a lot of you guys on here, I've pretty much lost the use of my right ankle/leg after a motorcycle accident with Stevie Wonder but I keep telling myself "This might slow me down a bit but it won't f*****g stop me !" 
    Works most of the time but sometimes get very low, I guess we all do !
    Keep setting myself targets, so far not doing too badly, ill keep pushing and never give up ! (I hope !)
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello I have a selection of music mainly my Northern Soul and Motown to give me a lift.  I feel that sometimes I see too much negativity and life is hard.  I get a lot of inspiration from here.  The feel good stories and what is happening the good stuff in our community.  The week goes too quickly come Friday make one special meal for myself and look forward to this.  Usually something simple with spices and veg.  Use slow cooker so it is just minimum effort maximum satisfaction as it helps.  Weekend Bolognese Saturday in front TV Strictly Come Dancing.  I make a big batch in Zip bags about months worth.  So just defrost in Morning no problem.  Sunday Frittata breakfast uses up any milk and any veg like peppers or onions.  Then try to relax much as possible.   Always putting on good music CDs or Classic FM.  Like the jazz legends and songs from that era.  If there is a musical on from the MGM studio on the TV.  Put that on.  Always planning meals for freezer and do some on weekend.  That helps as well to give a lift and I enjoy doing this it is relaxing.  I hope and pray everyone has a great weekend and we take all care whatever you are doing.
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • iza
    Hi @DannyMoore

It is good for you that you are filling guided in life. Guided people have slightly easies life. 
    To be honest sometimes I feel like that too but there are moments I have impressions "the boss" plays a silly games with me and I do not understand why? What he really expect from me more that I already achieved? I achieved more than any female in my family and if this is not enough than I really do not know what more I can do? 
    Perhaps you can advice me why I do feel like that. 
    Looking forward to hear what do you think. 

• [Deleted User]
    edited November 2017
  • iza
    Hi @DannyMoore,

Thank you for your advice. By I think "God" picked on up wrong person to be challenged. I was self motivated and set up myself challenges before already.
    At the same time my dreams were simple and I never asked for much. Just to be happy and have family. Simple like that and just enough. 
    If "God" wanted to challenge me than could ask me in first place for advice: what type of challenges I would admire or what type of hardship I would not mind to face. Unfortunately for me he made a wrong choice picking me up. 
    If you so close with God and he gifted you tell him than that. 
  • thespiceman
    Hello @DannyMoore I hope you are ok.  So what is the answer in my life then.  I seek support from others in the community and asked for help in the church when I was feeling really ill.  I tried to go to and be part of the church.  It made feel awkward and it was their rules and their church so I felt I had to compel to leave.  Also just know now that being part of the community to ask for help with what is happening now.  Told that my support is ending yet I have been there for a while and have changed but I still feel cold and empty why.  I need to know why this long time in my life being ill I can not find harmony.  I use the inspiration and uplift of my bible and the kind words on this web but something not right what is it I can not see or feel.
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • [Deleted User]
  • thespiceman
    edited December 2017
    Hello @DannyMoore thank you for the comments and the words this has given me food for thought.  I am interested in what you say.  I had a really bad upbringing and it is still in my memory.  When you live with someone who is a family member who basically a wicked person in all sense.  Can you forgive someone who is a controlling and treats you different in all aspects of my life.  I had to keep my faith a secret amongst other things and the family member whose views and opinions would just not believe or understand.  I understand what you say and it is stimulating to read your views on religion.  I know the church you go to.  One thing I am grateful for in my travels all around the UK it has given me access to all faiths and religions.  All of them have rules that they have set up to benefit themselves.  Especially the financial knowledge that they use to take and expect others to follow.  I will donate my time and if I have to give to support others.  I ask is this the word of God or Jesus to have others to forgive each other and if you do it will be how much.  This was the philosophy of the church in ancient times and still continues today.  I will not give money to churchs and then be expected to forgive past sins.  I have been baptized and realise this and also was done in front of a small group of friends.  I recognise the work of some churches but my question is always why can I not connect with people unless I am with people in our community.?  Why am I lonely can not fit in.?  Can not find happiness and have days of soul searching?  Need to be cherished for who I am and my skills and talents wasted because others see me different.  Feel always looking for something else I enjoy some things but get angry and upset over the wasted time I have spent trying to understand the reasons why.
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • [Deleted User]
  • iza
    edited November 2017
    Hi @DannyMoore

Just in your replay above you said:"At the start of the 19th century a prophet called Joseph Smith restored the church after his first vision of God, this is why it now has Latter Day Saints added on. " 

Yes, as you said it was his vision. 

What if I have my own "vision" and what open for example my own church too. 
    As there is no enough love in the World, not enough tolerance and so on. 

Many people have many vision of they own how they would like to see the World around. Some are succeeding in creating up they visions "dreams" some not. 
    It is very controversial to discuss aspect like that especially in terms of religion. 

However, I can see your church has some good roles mentioned above. 

But those roles should be follow by everyone if you are religious or not. 
    Before be are baptise in any church we are all human beings. 
    We already belong to one big family of "people". We should respect each others, help each others and so on. It is just human beings ethic. 

• thespiceman
    edited December 2017
    Hello @iza I hope you ok I forgot you started this on lets inspire one another.  I agree with what you are talking about here.  One thing travelling around the UK meeting others of all religions and faiths.  From many ethnic backgrounds I was always welcomed and greeted with warmth.  I was trying to explain to @Danny Moore about what ever you come from there are people who should respect you and should be help each other and be believed in anything you say or discuss.  We should be a society that treats everyone as equal and also be not put down those who are giving and loving.  We as a country do not give the gratitude and respect those whose have achieved so much in their lives and enriched others.  This is probably why I find it so hard to connect to others.  Probably because they see me as a soft touch.  Use me as a doormat to benefit themselves.  I am usually bitter at first but why and how this happens I do not know.  A the present time I can see me being lonely and isolated only the connections I make are on this forum.  I want to forgive but how can I forgive people who use and abuse power to gain the upperhand in a starting friendship.  My thought was why are talking to me like this and why are you shouting at me.  Do I need this?  Need this both of us just in a situation going nowhere.  I ended up being alone and he just sitting next to me and I can feel the presence of angry and annoyance and resentfulness towards me.  Why ?  He sat down next to me in the café and I was minding my own business.  No-one asked him to talk to me.  I suppose he thought he saw the disability and I can sense the gloom and awkward presence of someone who wants to take an advantage of you.  This man walked into the café and had seen me somewhere before which I can not recall.  Pointing out where I just did not understand why he starting to behave like this both of us a nameless soul he just started on me.  At once I sensed he felt the urge to comment about me and I tried to excuse my way out and he has the power to treat me like this.  I asked myself why.  This being my one day in a town to have a bit of me time and now I am sensing the dread of any new friendship.  Stop being silly I say but once you have been in that situation are others the same I wonder.  Come on I say to myself at the least you have the self respect from you self not self centered people who wish to create a life of misery and depression.  Along time ago I stopped giving out personal details from fear of exactly this problem.  So what now I ask?  I go onwards and just hope a pray I wish for a perfect utopia where I can be happy.  I need to find joy and happiness but I do not know where to begin again.  At least I can talk and debate all to you out there you wonderful people of our community.  Take care hope to speak to all soon 
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • iza
    Hi @thespiceman
    It is true that I started this discussion topic. 
    I am glad you expressed your feelings. I do agree with you that all should be treated equally in our society. I feel sorry that when you were relaxing somebody tried to border you. It is indeed s hard to understand why people act inappropriately. 
    However, you need to think about yourself in first place and do what is the best for you. 
    I like to add new topics to coffee lounge in hope that people will open themselves and get more talkative. 
    I feel sorry that you are feeling lonely and is good you are leaving your home to spend time in public. Look for any community hall when you can meet  new people too. 
    I hope the good will come to your life now. 

Brightness