How long to hear from PIP? - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long to hear from PIP?

Comments

• jeana1
    jeana1 Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Hello again...hope youre all ok! Thought id put an update on here...
    Well as i said last week or so I was waiting for a letter re my assessment...Well still not had anything...I emailed my MP last week..Nothing back as yet! Il phone his office tmrw...
    Anyway hope youve all been sorted to some extent by now? Good Luck ...J 
  • jeana1
    Hello again...just an update ...Ive got my assessment date at home on the Mon 15th May!! At last! Any tips etc would be very helpful..
    Thanks ...
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Now now children please stop having a go at each other, that won't solve anything. The written word can so often be misunderstood. I have noticed however, and this is nothing personal, that sometimes the advisors don't read the posts properly therefore the advice is sometimes inaccurate as it is then not based on the facts. I pointed this out to one of them on another discussion but by that time they'd gone offline for a few days which is not ideal when trying to help someone. Also the advice is based on the system as it should work and doesn't take account of what would be best to do for that particular person to feel better. So there is a place for any advice to be given in good faith as the person recieving it has free will whether to act on it or not.  A lot of the advice is very good. I hope this can be read as constructive criticism by Scope and that other's reading the posts can be considered by the rest of us when choosing what you write on a public forum. 
    @jeana1 I have put some things you might want to look at on the "How to Prepare for your Assessment" about home assessments.  

• jeana1
    Hi All...I have my assessment at home next Monday...at last! Im just wanting it overwith...Im told i can keep my car till a decision is made..Wish me Luck !! xx
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @jeana1

Very best of luck with your assessment on Monday!
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck @jeana1

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • jeana1
    Thanks for your kind words..
  • Matilda
    Let us know how you get on.
  • jeana1
    Will do...Im starting to feel very anxious...just want it overwith now!
  • Matilda
    Just keep calm.  Don't let them intimidate you or trip you up with trick questions.

Have you read the thread:  'How to prepare for a PIP assessment'?
  • jeana1
    Hi All...well had my assessment at home this morning! Lovely lady too..very kind & patient...was with me over an hour..she said i should hear from Atos soon...she even made me cuppa! Here goes....will let u know outcome...Cheers x

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    edited May 2017
    @jeana1 That must be a big relief. However you shouldn't be hearing from ATOS. The next thing you need to do is ring the PIP number at DWP within the next few days to ask them to send you a copy of the assessor's report. That will give you a good idea what your award will be as the Decision Maker's mostly just copy what the assessor has recommended. Hope it goes well for you..x

• Matilda
    Pleased that assessment went well, @jeana1.
  • jeana1
    Hi yes your right wildlife...oops !!she said il hear from pip...but said shes from Atos....she was lovely lady...
    I should hear in a few weeks...
    Fingers crossed all Good! 
    Thanks Matilda...hope youve been sorted by now? Wish all on here do well...x
  • Matilda
    @jeana1

Suggest you do as wildlife says and phone DWP (PIP line) and ask for copy of assessors' report which will give you an idea of what your award is likely to be.  

I'm not quite sorted yet.  Got my tribunal hearing Wed of next week.  Not complacent by any means - but 65% of appeals do succeed...
  • jeana1
    Wishing you Luck for next week Matilda...let us know how you get on..
  • Matilda
  • sherry777
    sherry777 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi I am new here.  I had my tribunal last Wednesday and on Friday received the result and I have been awarded higher level of care and higher level mobility.  I had been awarded just lower level of care and no mobility by DWP.  What a turnaround!  It was also stated that it would be inappropriate to be reassessed.  I am still worried DWP will fight this decision. Any thoughts would be welcome.  Is the Judge's decision final? 
  • jeana1
    Hi Sherry..Well done on your news...Im no expert but I think the tribunals decision is final....to me that means DWP have been overuled by tribunal.×as theyve deemed it inappropriate to take it further.....Well done!!! 
  • jeana1
    Hi i had my copy of my assessment today...at the end it says a lot of stuff...but confirmed i cant walk more than 20 metres! Etc  Will this now mean I can get new car? Id be totally isolated without it! Is this correct? My 1st pip claim so not used to thier jargon....thanks for any advice....

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.