Ebay

2»

Comments

• DJ17
    DJ17 Community member Posts: 4 Listener

Please contact eBay community support. The rules have changed. Since January 2024 eBay and Vinted are obliged to report private sellers who either sell 30 items per calendar year or sell for more than £1.5 k( can't remember the exact amount). If you sold more than 30 items in 2024 eBay will send you self assessment form and send it to HMRC. Things are not as simple as they were before. There's a reason why private sellers stopped selling and eBay is not taking commission. I would carefully look into it. I stopped selling on eBay till I find definite answer to how this money is going to be treated as and is it going to effect my benefits.

• vikki66
    vikki66 Community member Posts: 1,197 Pioneering

Thank you for your message, I appreciate it. I don’t think I’ll bother trying to sell anything.

• Nightcity
    Nightcity Community member Posts: 1,633 Trailblazing

I need to clean up my massive film collection before I move next year, because I rarely leave home and am always tired I've accumulated a large amount of dvds and blu rays that have been upgraded gradually to 4k or better releases.

it's good to know it's free these days to list and you can have such s substantial amount from sales without issues.

this information has been massively helpful.

thanks

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,516 Championing

You don't need to pay tax on items you sell from your home or personal items. Please see link provided.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/selling-online-and-paying-taxes/selling-online-and-paying-taxes-information-sheet