help with filling in the dla form — Scope | Disability forum

help with filling in the dla form

sallymushroom Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My 4 year old has been diagnosed with diplegic cerebral palsy (not a surprise at all) he also has hydrocephalus. We are waiting for the not to refer to wheelchair place and he is in splints. I'm wondering if there is any help with filling in the dla form! Xx


  • Ajk110
    Ajk110 Member Posts: 47

    Hi @sallymushroom and a very warm welcome to the community.
    Either give Scope a ring or find out if you can get some help filling the form
    at your local branch of
    I hope this helps.

  • dogfather
    dogfather Member Posts: 61 Connected
    Hi not certain but I think the DLA form has been replaced by PIP. Make certain you have all your sons medical evidence at hand when you send the forms of. I am sure there are lots of other peopl on this site with far more info to help you. Good luck
  • Matilda
    Matilda Member Posts: 2,590 Disability Gamechanger
    I think there must be DLA advice on the CAB and Disability Rights websites.

    As stated above phone Scope Helpline for info about advice agencies in your area.
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi @sallymushroom,

    Contact a Family has a great guide called 'Claiming DLA for children' and this will help guide you along. Contact a Family also has local offices so it might be worth getting in touch with their helpline or looking on their website to see if they have an office in your area and whether they are able to help with the forms.

    There's also Citizens Advice and local DPOs

    I hope this helps but if you need further advice just let me know.

    Best wishes


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.