If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

help with filling in the dla form

sallymushroomsallymushroom Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2017 in PIP, DLA and AA
My 4 year old has been diagnosed with diplegic cerebral palsy (not a surprise at all) he also has hydrocephalus. We are waiting for the not to refer to wheelchair place and he is in splints. I'm wondering if there is any help with filling in the dla form! Xx


  • Ajk110Ajk110 Member Posts: 47 Community champion

    Hi @sallymushroom and a very warm welcome to the community.
    Either give Scope a ring or find out if you can get some help filling the form
    at your local branch of
    I hope this helps.

  • dogfatherdogfather Member Posts: 61 Connected
    Hi not certain but I think the DLA form has been replaced by PIP. Make certain you have all your sons medical evidence at hand when you send the forms of. I am sure there are lots of other peopl on this site with far more info to help you. Good luck
  • MatildaMatilda Member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    I think there must be DLA advice on the CAB and Disability Rights websites.

    As stated above phone Scope Helpline for info about advice agencies in your area.
  • Debbie_ScopeDebbie_Scope Member Posts: 947 Pioneering
    Hi @sallymushroom,

    Contact a Family has a great guide called 'Claiming DLA for children' and this will help guide you along. Contact a Family also has local offices so it might be worth getting in touch with their helpline or looking on their website to see if they have an office in your area and whether they are able to help with the forms.

    There's also Citizens Advice and local DPOs

    I hope this helps but if you need further advice just let me know.

    Best wishes
Sign in or join us to comment.