DLA/PIP — Scope | Disability forum


lindab2411 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi can anybody advise me on procedures for requesting review of circumstances of DLA as i am now requiring more help and may be entitled to claim higher rates on both care and mobility componants
Many thanks.


  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,674 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lindab2411 welcome to the community - you need to let the DWP know about any change of circumstances, you can read more about it here on the CAB website.

    It says:
    You can phone the helpline that deals with your benefit to report the change of circumstances. If you do this, it's best to also confirm the change in writing to the office that deals with your claim. You don't need to fill in a special form. You can just write a letter setting out the changes and the date when they happened.
    If you made the claim online you can report a change of circumstances using your online account
    Senior online community officer
  • MikeBroderick
    MikeBroderick Member Posts: 234 Pioneering
    Hi @lindab2411:

    Do you need any further assistance?


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.