PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

sofia73
sofia73 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
edited June 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Not quite come to terms with my life now. Thank you scope for having this forum. 

Comments

• gnmeads
    gnmeads Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Hi
    Welcome to the community. How can we help you?
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @sofia73,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you on board.

It really is a wonderful place with lots of groups and discussions for you to get involved with - whether it's just a chat or asking for some help and support.

Would you care to tell us a little bit more about yourself? Is there something we can help you with?
    Liam
  • sofia73
    Hello Liam thank you for your reply.

have read the discussion boards for some time but just joined. I am 43 Fromm london, used to support adults with functional and employability skills and run a little street food business. I was diagnosed last May after a few years of deterioration. I have been diagnosed with a particularly widespread active Sarcoidosis and Fibromyalgia. I used to support people with disabilities as a volunteer. Helping them
    with he form filling etc and even managing their appeals. Am now just lost with my own. Just this morning I got my reply from the DWP saying nothing has changed. Even though everything has gotten worse. I am mainly homebound many days bedridden with pain and exhaustion. I don't know what to do anymore.
  • Liam_Alumni
    Hi @sofia73,

That sounds like such a rewarding volunteering role! I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having with your own claim process, though.

Is this for PIP? We have lots of useful information about appealing a DWP benefits decision on our website, which you may find helpful. You can also ask our benefits advisor in the community for help and support if you need further advice.

I hope this helps, and if you have any other questions, please do get in touch! 
    Liam
  • sofia73
    Sorry I have gone from being a very active person to not being able to do much for myself. Just feeling so fed up and helpless. My condition has worsened since I first claimed
    Pip. I was
    on 3
    tablets
    and now I am on 7/8 different meds on quite high doses. 

The lady From ATOs came to my house on a Sunday and turned up 40 mins early and then stated that I came
    down the stairs unaided??? She did not see me
    come down the stairs as she was
    already seated in the lounge. 

My main restrictins are
    mobility i have I have stated on my form I cannot walk more than 10
    metees
    and that is with people supporting me.
    but it dates I can walk 20-50
    metres unaided!!??  I was unsuccessful with my mandatory consideration last year. 
  • Liam_Alumni
    Hi @sofia73,

Have you taken your PIP case to a tribunal following the unsuccessful mandatory consideration?

@BenefitsTrainingCo, can you help? 
    Liam
  • sofia73
    I missed that deadline last year so in November last year as my condition got worse and was not responding to meds I had to start the whole form process again. I should say I was awarded standard rate for both living and mobility components. 
    So by March I had sent in the form again. Listing all of my current existing and worsening conditions. I just got the reply this morning. 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Are you going to appeal this latest decision, @sofia73?
  • sofia73
    I want to. I have to the Mandatory Reconsideration within one month of today. But I lost that last year. 
  • Matilda
    Most MRs fail.  But you have to ask for an MR first before you can appeal to a tribunal.  65% of tribunal appeals succeed.
  • sofia73
    I ran out of time, I couldn't get the Every Pound Counts person in time to assist me and was convinced that I could lose it all! 
  • sofia73
    My points are to do with my mobility. I can hardly walk at all. Let alone 20 metres! 
  • Matilda
    You have said that in March you sent the form in again and got the decision this morning.  What form did you send in and what was the reply this morning.
  • sofia73
    I was advised that as my condition and worsened and my situation had changed, that I had to do a brand new form, I asked for an extension and they received it in March. I had an ATos
    assessor come to my home and got their decision this morning stating I would remain at the standard rate for both mobility and living. 
  • sofia73
    Sorry at a hospital appointment so wifi intermittent. 
  • Matilda
    If you've had a new assessment then you can ask for a new MR and then an appeal.
  • sofia73
    Yes just wondering if there were some
    tips for MR as I was unsuccessful last year. 
  • sofia73
    Thank you for all your replies by the way! Sorry how impolite of me! 
  • Matilda
    Scope site has a section on MR.  Look under support and information.  Disability Rights PIP section also has advice on MRs and appeals.
  • sofia73

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.