My P.I.P nightmere has ended. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My P.I.P nightmere has ended.

Options
bevt2017
bevt2017 Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
Hi everyone 
I've been going through hell with P.I.P since July 2016. I'm prouvondly deaf, I suffer with tinnitus and have neurological problems. depression, anxiety and stress. I also have 2 incurable skin diseases Susak, and Pyoderma gangrenosum. This morning after yet another complaint letter, and numerous phone calls. P.I.P have finally paid up. I can't tell you what a relieve it is. I know there are so many people fighting P.I.P., and I just want to say please don't give up. Everyone at scope have been so helpfull. There here to give you support and advice. I would like to say a big thank you to @wildlife I hope everything turns out for you as Well. All the best to everyone, I couldn't have got through this without all your support. XX

Comments

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Options
    @bevt2017 Congratulations and well done!! You must be so relieved. I've still got a battle getting Atos to accept the awful assessment I had but I've accepted my award for now so at least that side of things is sorted. I'm just about to send my 1st complaint off to DWP but it's about ATOS so don't know if they'll do anything. Hope you can now relax and enjoy life as much as you are able. Best wishes for the future.X 
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @bevt2017,

I'm sorry to hear about all the difficulties you've had with PIP in the past, but it's great news that we were able to help, and that you've finally got the result you were looking for!

Congratulations!
    Liam
  • bevt2017
    Options
    Hi @wildlife  
    Thank you so much for everything. That's fantastic news about your P.i.P award. The complaints department have been brill with me. Especially when I told them my case manager lied about payment. When you send anything make sure it's recorded delivery, even if its free post, I could always track it then. ( I think you know that anyway). I will keep coming on scope. 
    Best wishes and I hope you get sorted soon. X
  • bevt2017
    Options
    Hi @LiamO_Dell
    Well it only took nearly a year, but I got there in the end
     Thank you
  • Blue Frog
    Blue Frog Community member Posts: 358 Pioneering
    Options
    Well done, so glad you got it all sorted out xx
  • Justice
    Justice Community member Posts: 197 Pioneering
    Options
    @bevt2017 I am so pleased to log on here and read your news. Congratulations! You must feel so relieved now. when we got Hubby's ESA sorted out of course wew were delighted, but I felt a bit deflated in an odd way, after all that fighting it was like..." Now what?"  It is great to hear a positive outcome . @Wildlife, I hope your complaint gets addressed properly, and quickly.
    Woops, was that pig flying past my window? :-)
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great to hear!  :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • bevt2017
    Options
    Hi @Justice
    I know what you mean about "what do I do know". It's been going on for so long, I don't know what to do with myself. I just hope that other disabled people get the help they need.
    Thank you X
  • bevt2017
    Options
    Thanx @Sam_Scope
    And for the advice X
  • bevt2017
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.