What help can we get? — Scope | Disability forum

What help can we get?

sallyandgareth7 Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi. My partner had a fall on holiday in Majorca and crushed 2 discs in his neck. These were replaced with prosthetics in Majorca along with a pacemaker. The reason he fell was due to his heartrate falling dangerously low. 
The consequences of this are that he now cannot walk unaided, even aided he can barely walk 5 metres, he can't dress himself, can't shower, can't clean after the toilet, can't cut his own food up. We're not receiving any help from anywhere. I need to know what we're entitled to and i don't know where to look to find this out. I have had to finish work to look after him so money is soon going to be extremely tight. My head is in a spin and i have no ideal what to do next.
Any information or advice would be so helpful at this point.
Thank you all



Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.