Will my PIP claim be looked at more favourably if I had a home assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will my PIP claim be looked at more favourably if I had a home assessment?

Options
milkmaid
milkmaid Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited June 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I'm currently waiting for a decision on PIP. I had a home assessment on the 8th June, and still waiting for a decision. 
I HAVE endometriosis, crohns disease, rheumatoid arthritis, COPD, degenerative disc disease, and pernicious anaemia.  I only got low help with daily living skills, and nothing for my mobility needs.
Do you know, if after a home assessment, my claim will be looked at more favourably?
Thank you in advance for anybody replying.  It's nice to think that not all people think that we are all scroungers, wanting money for 'sitting on our fat arses, doing f all' ,I'll have them know, those people who criticise, I am only a size 8, because I don't absorb nutrients due to my crohns disease!

Comments

• milkmaid
    milkmaid Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Sorry for bothering people.  I'm going to bed now. 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi milkmaid.

Welcoke too our site @ our online community.

I do hope that we can offer you help / support.

Don't worry about bothering us that what we're here for.

To "Support/help"each other  

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @milkmaid,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here. I hope the home assessment earlier this month went well.

With regards to whether that type of assessment improves your chances of winning a PIP claim, a member of our community asked a similar question in a discussion a while ago, which you may find interesting. It's very subjective!

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, then please do get in touch.
    Liam
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Options
    Makes no difference. I had a home visit and lost the lot. My assessor couldn't even get some of her lies straight.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Options
    @milkmaid, Please see that every case is different. You are an individual and you had a different assessor to other people on here. I'm a little confused by you telling us the result and that you're waiting for the decision. Was that the assessor's report you have seen? If so I suggest you don't wait for the decision but straight away try and complain to your assessment company. If you can't write to them then start the ball rolling by ringing and saying you wish to make a complaint. Then ring DWP and get an advisor to note down on your online record that you have made a complaint about your assessment. This should be noted by the case worker currently deciding on your claim. I advise this as it's rare for Case workers to change what the assessor has recommended they just agree as they have no medical knowledge. Try and get more evidence if you can from your surgery and you can also speak to a case worker at DWP anytime by booking a call back to talk about your claim and you can them tell them what you're not in agreement about and ask what evidence they need to improve your points. You have to try and be one step ahead. Assessors are conning people and it's up to us not to let them get away with it. Hope this helps..X

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.