I won my tribunal over ten weeks ago and I'm still waiting for my money — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I won my tribunal over ten weeks ago and I'm still waiting for my money

Options
honey
honey Community member Posts: 1 Listener
i need advice ,i won my tribunal over ten weeks ago , and im still waiting for my money,i told that the coarts needed a to correct a mistake with dates two wks after winning my appeal ,and i keep ringing pip but they say there theres nothing they can do untill the coarts corrects the date erra of when i should be back dated from, i feel im being punished for winning as the pip people were so corrupt with the interviews, i think theres foul play going on , the pip told me to write to tribunal knowing i cant write a my hands get stiff,

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @honey .

I'm sorry to hear about your current predicament.

We have got a lot off info about PIP on our home page which mybe of help ???

There is also a "Benefit Advisor" who will be able to help you as well.

Please please let me know if I can help you further ???

"Good Luck"

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello Honey and welcome to the community.

Please check your letters from the tribunal, not PIP, there should be alternative ways of getting in touch including email or by phone. You will need your case number.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @honey,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you on board.

As @Geoark mentions, there should be some contact details on your tribunal letters. Also, there is a contact number for ongoing claims, which is 0345 850 3322. Have you tried ringing them?

I've moved this post to our Ask a Benefits Advisor category, where @BenefitsTrainingCo may be able to offer further support.

I hope this helps and you find out more about your claim soon! If you have any other questions, please do get in touch.
    Liam
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi honey,

The DWP has one month to ask for a statement of reasons from the tribunal or to ask for permission to appeal further if they have already got the reasons. They have to tell you if they are doing either of those things. By now, both those deadlines have passed. Although the tribunal can extend the time limit, I think that would be very unlikely as I can't see what good reasons the DWP would have to be given any longer.

I think the DWP have to pay you, and I think it is PIP you should complain to, not the tribunal (they are not in charge of paying you!) As you have already clearly complained by ringing them, the next step is to write to them which I know is tricky but maybe you could get a local advice agency to help?

I would suggest including these points:

the DWP are now out of time to seek permission to appeal further against the decision

that means they do NOT have the power to suspend your benefit award

they haven't written to you to tell you they are appealing

so any further suspension of benefit is UNLAWFUL.

They must pay you immediately.

Give them a short timescale to start paying or say you will take the complaint further.

I hope that works! Let us know.

Will

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.