Fibromyalgia — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fibromyalgia

jax55
jax55 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi. I'm Jackie and I suffer with fibromyalgia.  I don't get much relief from my meds and wonder if anyone has any ideas. Thanx

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jax55 welcome to the community!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Ehit
    Ehit Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
    Hi. I suffer from severe fibromyalgia. I've yet to find anything that helps. I am on all sorts of medication from the GP and consultant. I use olbus oil on my pillow at night and also deep heat. I use hot water bottles and ice packs depending on how I feel. I use lavender a lot too I have saltlamps around my house. The only thing that really helps is a warm climate and going in the sea or a lake (Lake Superior in Canada was amazing) and the Caribbean Sea, neither of which are accessible), but the next best thing is walking on grass bare footed. I'd like to go swimming, but the water is always too cold (which a cold sea or lake helps). I wear crystals - amethyst, is my go to crystal, but I'm wearing two others, but I can't remember their names (brain fog has descended). I also find a massage helps. I'm meeting up with a new guy this week to see if he can help (luckily I can do massage, so we're going to do a swap. I literally try anything.

Brightness