PIP appeal back payments? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP appeal back payments?

Options
Diane5767
Diane5767 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
The DWP have received a statement of reasons about my PIP successful appeal from the first tier tribunal on 
28/06/17. What is the timescale that they have to make an appeal or to pay me my back money?

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Diane5767

It's 28 days from receipt of SOR.  But it might be a few weeks after that before you get the arrears.
  • rosie55
    rosie55 Community member Posts: 40 Listener
    Options
    Hi Diane 
    I'm currently waiting on dwp to recieve sor. How long have you had to wait from first tier tribunal til pip sent a letter to say they are paying you and not going upper tribunal plz 
    Thanks
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello Diane5767

Matilda is correct that generally the DWP will first have to ask the Tribunal for permission to appeal within 28 days of the date of the Statement of Reasons.  It can take 1-2 weeks for such a request to be registered on the Tribunal System, so I would contact the Tribunal Service within 5-6 weeks of the date of the statement of reasons to ask if they have received any letters from the DWP challenging the PIP decision.  Hopefully the DWP do not challenge the Tribunal decision and payments can then be made.  Generally it will take a further 3-4 weeks for the arrears of PIP to be made and regular payments to be put in place.   Please post again if it takes longer than this.

Hello Rosie55

The length of time to receive a statement of reasons varies considerably based on the Judge drafting the statement. Generally it can take around 6 weeks for a statement to be received.  If you have not heard anything in this time, I would be tempted to telephone the Tribunal Service just to see if there is  a reason for the hold up, or it is something as simple as a short delay caused by waiting for the reasons to be typed up. 

Maria

The Benefits Training Co:

• rosie55
    rosie55 Community member Posts: 40 Listener
    Options
    Hi Diane 
    Have you had any updates yet? 
  • Zoey
    Zoey Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi my name is zoey  I applied for a higher rate pip as I suffer from oestoperosis fibromyalgia ashma anxiety depression I'm in a full leg brace due to oestoperosis  I applied for it on January 24 wen my form was accepted they then sent it to capita for an assessment they told me 6 to 8 wks as it was addition not a new claim  water a joke!! I waited 17 wks I had to ring them to find out why I hadn't an assessment the lady assigned to my form did my assessment and off she went I waited 4wks n then rand pip back asking wen was a descion was gonna be made only to find the the assessor had held my form back 20day yes u read it right 20 days so iv had to wait another 2wks only to b told she had missed a question of my form I filled that in and asked wen will I hear from a decision only to be told the man dealing with my claim is on holiday till next week  iv had no apologys or reassurances if it been done asp I'm still left hanging waiting for a simple yes or no I'm so stressed anxious so depressed with all this i felt like walking in front of a car I felt that I'll  iv never be known  such disgusting attitude lack of care wen dealing with a disabled person's claim Iv been waiting nearly 6 month for this claim to be sorted I really can't take no more of this a very depressed lady
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Zoey

Sorry to hear your problems and hope they get sorted soon.

You'll probably get a faster response if you start your own thread in Ask a benefits advisor.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.