UC/ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC/ESA

Options
millymay
millymay Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Any help or advice please

I claim esa(,sick pay) 
After an assessment in January , I was taken off it. 
I had to claim the dreaded universal credit UC
My esa was re instated and back dated. 
Since then however the council have not claimed my rent. ( they say they can't- I have to sign back onto UC)
yet I won my award back onto ESA! 
UC I am worse off more than 150. Per month. ( esa say they will pay the rent if it's claimed by the council) 
They have now given me a seek and possession order.. 
Yet without being given housing benefit I can't pay it. 
Seems ludicrous, as it's the council that claim on my behalf.. 
I have legal aid in place for the possession order.. 
I have written to my councillor, my mp, the head of housing as well as the guardian. 
I have been in touch with age uk and McMillan support. Shelter etc

Unless you can help me get to someone who knows the system . 
Thanks in advance

X

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @millymay,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been having.

@Debbie_Scope, can you help?
    Liam
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @millymay,

I'd like to talk to you about what's happened with your ESA and Universal Credit to see if I can provide some advice about this.

I need to know where you live and some other personal information in order to get you the correct information and it's more secure to do this in a private conversation.

I'm going to send you a private message but just in case it doesn't show up or you don't see it; Please would you contact me at the helpline with your details so that I can arrange a telephone call or an email conversation with you? You can reach me on helpline@scope.org.uk. Mark your email for me and if you could post a link to this discussion thread in the email that would be really helpful too.

Best wishes
    Debbie

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.